SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 25, 2022, 04:26 PM

Default Thanks Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post
Howard Shenson, Alan Weiss, Jeffrey Lant...old school consultants who wrote some very good books, my fav being Lant.

Today, I think almost all consultancy is done online, or soon will be. NO meetings, no travel, no getting dressed to impress, no golf courses, no dinners, all old school ways a consultant might operate.

But take note. Those old school guys, and these three just the tip, all WROTE BOOKS, and it is a thousand year old method to build authority and cred.

It has become the de facto marketing method for many an IM guru, all of whom may have a FREE book to send you, although they want you to pay postage, so they not only have your email, but home address too.

Doing free might still work today, although just a anecdotal observation, free isn't really appreciated or recognized...better to start at upper PREMIUM prices, go the Exclusive route.

Some think FACEbook is on the way out, and although that may be true, it will be a gradual decline, it is as of today, still one of the biggest and best fishing holes on the Internet to get new customers or clients, if that is what you want.

Today, Tue. Jan. 25, I'm wading through many requests I've rec'd for my done for you offer...

https://www.angelfire.com/biz/gjbiz/wfjan.pdf

Here is something interesting when I run one of these low cost offers, I get a lot of tire kickers I wouldn't work with to begin with. So, it doesn't take but a few email exchanges to determine their money is not worth my time.

On the other hand, when I do one of my few VERY HIGH RISK offers, into the thousands of dollars, the respondents are much more qualified and interested, this sorting by price is a consultant tactic picked up long ago.

It might surprise about 80% of the people I tell that I can't (won't) work with them because it just will not end well.

But to your observation/questions...

The Facebook marketing you are seeing has been hyped and sold for years now, and yes, it probably works too.

If I were advising a younger person about consulting, I'd have to say NO, don't do it, don't waste time with people, get TOLL POSITIONS built, go the E-Myth or FASTLANE routes, and keep as many people out of the equation as you can.

I guess maybe my new BOOK, THE ANTI CONSULTANTS BIBLE will appear at a Facebook group near you, HA!

Gordon

That is a great idea ! (are you serious ?)

The Anti-Consultants Bible might be just the thing to get people to pay you some big bucks. If you could set it up so it would be automatic (think vendomatic)... then maybe you could get leads. BUT... and it's a BIG BUT... it just might be just too much work.