SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 2, 2023, 10:53 AM
Administrator

Default The stereogram of Gordonesque stuff...it is as problem for many.

Thanks Dien.

It is in the use, the application of KNOWLEDGE where its true value is found. A stereogram (I know YOU know, but for others) is one of those pictures you have to stare at to see what is behind the patterns. Some people are never able to see it.

The lists need context and use.

For me, selling and copywriting hasn't produced anything better than the Elmer Wheeler "points" made known in his work on Tested Sentences that Sell. But that is because they were the first lists which I was exposed to, as noted in the Spiders, Snakes and Mice story.

The Blair Warren one sentence persuasion is pure Gold/Platinum IF, one has the foundation of knowledge on which it is built. Take the blame others part.

Just today, Alen Sultanic sent an email and posted about what he calls "negative admittance", I love Alen and how he uses his own words for all the old selling stuff...anyhow, at its root is giving the prospect an escape clause for being responsible for: being fat, alone, out of shape, poor, or whatever the product addresses.

It is not your fault is seen in Blair's "justify their failures"...see, it is all right there, but without depth. One has to see behind these 3 words, as Sultanic does and it is worth a book, or 101 of them.

If a marketer just learns this one thing, letting people off the hook of responsibility, they can build a huge following and make a ton of dough.

So, over the years, I have been called cryptic and obscure and even arcane and that has been justified...and I do it purposefully...mainly because I know it is better to give a map to the hidden treasure rather than hand the treasure directly to them.

It separates the motivated from the dreamer.

At the very foundation of all transactions, the square one of making money, influence, power and success is...

it can't be a square occupied by only one (self). There must be at least two there.

Even in the virtual world, if a Guru yells at his computer screen when it is off, do his minions still send him money? (Maybe?!?)

Anyhow, these lists only have value to the person who wants to put them to use.

And the POP (PictoGrigm of Persuasion) is one very easy way to get a visual representation of the process.

It (marketing, making money, influence, persuasion) pretty much comes down to the ROCK used in the POP, what and how to break PREOCCUPATION and how to HOLD attention once that is done.

Any exits along the way, have already been identified, over 20 years ago, on the POA, PictoGrigm of Accomplishment.

See?

Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dien Rice View Post
Hi Gordon,

This is one powerful post!

I think one reason why it is more important than ever NOW is...

I think we are entering a new era...

Over time, becoming a "solopreneur" is becoming easier and easier...

First, we had personal computers... Desktop publishing!

Suddenly, everyone could be their own publisher, without leaving their kitchen table...

Then, we had the internet... Instant communication and distribution!

It was a revolution...

Social media added a new dimension to this... Which meant "virality" could happen faster and easier...

Now... Artificial Intelligence...

What this means, in my mind, is everyone can have a "robot" virtual assistant to do a lot of those "mindless" tasks...

I don't think those with highly specific PEOPLE-related skills will be replaced... But the mundane stuff... That can now be "outsourced" to A.I...

But that makes it even easier to be a "solopreneur"...

And that's why your post is so important RIGHT NOW...

We are at another new dawn... Which will be great for those who want to be "solopreneurs"...!

And people need to TAKE HEED at what you're sharing!

Best wishes,

Dien

Last edited by GordonJ : May 2, 2023 at 11:46 AM.