SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 2, 2023, 03:33 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Default Overcoming phobias and other issues that hold you back!

Hi Gordon,

This is a good and very important issue!

Many people are full of psychological issues they have picked up, often from childhood...

Here's a quick example...

A friend of mine has a mother, who has a fear of spiders...

When my friend was growing up, whenever her mother would see a spider, her mother would panic and shriek, jump on top of chairs, that kind of thing...

So what happened? My friend developed a petrifying fear of spiders too!

In fact, she has had therapy (as an adult) to try to overcome it...

This was learned behavior. Something she learned by observing her Mom... Spiders were something to be feared!

Of course, there are many other behaviors like that within us, that could hold us back... in business or in life. It's not necessarily the person's fault, or even the parents' fault... But it needs to be addressed nevertheless, if the person is going to be a success!

There's a lot of value to be had here in helping people with these kinds of issues!

Those of us who have encountered such issues - and overcome them - it's probably a good idea to go back and identify... What issues did you have, did you overcome them, and if so, how?

You could help other people with the same or similar issues overcome these issues too... And create a successful business for yourself in the process!

Best wishes,

Dien

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post
Some get touchy about their indoctrination. Most of it takes place between birth and 12 years of age.

One of the best examples (from our money making standpoint) is the RICH DAD, POOR DAD book, where R. Kiyosaki tells the story of how this childhood indoctrination affects the mindset of money.

There are many other ideas and ideologies which get planted in our developing brains and some become deep rooted.

They are often the governors which prevent one from success.

Most people never examine the where and why of their beliefs, or question the reasons why they do the things they do...in business and money making ventures these will manifest as procrastination ...

and lack of follow through. Abandoning efforts, and jumping often into greener looking pastures.

These 8 and 9 year old beliefs are also behind the bias, prejudices and even hatred we see demonstrated today, and when asked why or to explain their beliefs or attitudes, as often as not we see a CERTAINTY...

which is something I have always questioned. It is the biggest red flag and the one most encountered on a daily basis. It is similar to confidence but it crosses over into ego centric arenas when it is a deep seated bias.

I have a White Paper, sort of, about indoctrination...and as a marketer (sometimes) I will USE my knowledge of these childhood beliefs to create a product or a promotion which is sort of like copywriting JUDO, it throws the reader off. Not as much as Glenn does with his NLP copy, which is more akin to gymnastics (in my sports metaphor here)...but tipping the cash cow (prospect) over and getting some moolah from them can be easily achieved when you use their indoctrination on them. They are glad and happy to buy from you.

Gordon