SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > Original SOWPub Forum Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 2, 2002, 02:25 AM
Dien Rice

Default The 31 page "special report" that LITERALLY changed the world....

"I just bought a microwave fireplace...
You can spend an evening in front of it in only eight minutes..."

- Steven Wright

Hey we're living in the fast food, microwave age. Everybody wants everything fast!

Nobody has the time to read a 800-page book - yet why are people still writing them. Especially an 800-page ebook! I tend to print my ebooks out, and an 800-page ebook represents a lot of extra paper and ink which I gotta pay for!

I agree with what many others say - there is a market for products which get to the POINT.

So, if you feel that to write something to sell, you have to write the next encyclopedia - think again! Many successful authors don't do this.

Jim Straw's reports are concise - yet they contain valuable information. Michael Ross's "The Art of Leverage" is not a long report - yet the new way of thinking it contains can transform how you live your life. It's not how many pounds the information weighs, but rather the important thing is what effect that information can have on your life.

On my hard drive, I have Michael Ross's concise ebook, and also an 800 page ebook. Frankly, I haven't even read the 800 page ebook! On the other hand, "The Art of Leverage" has a lot of depth, despite being a slim volume, and I'm stunned by what I've learned from it.

Sometimes, just an IDEA can transform your life. We saw this recently. Don Alm posted his idea for the restaurant Daily Specials Board. It wouldn't have even taken two pages to print out. Yet for several of those who went out and APPLIED the info (and modified it to suit the way they prefer to work), it was worth thousands of dollars. Think - less than 2 pages, if you applied it, worth thousands of dollars in profits.

Sometimes appearances can be deceiving - you can find immense value in forums like this one. (That's why you should subscribe to The Entrepreneur's Hotsheet if you haven't already, since we find all the outstanding information for you - http://www.sowpub.com/entrhotsheet.shtml .)

E = mc2 - did you know that Einstein's formula is the power behind atom bombs? In a nuclear reaction, mass is converted into energy - that's where the explosion comes from. It's also the same formula that explains how the sun gets its energy too, and supports all life on Earth. Yet this incredibly important formula can fit on a T-shirt. Einstein's paper on this topic (in the original German) was only 31 pages long, yet it revolutionized the world. (If you want to, you can read it the English translation at here in PDF format.)

So short works have value too.... :)

Last word goes to Einstein....

"Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler."
- Albert Einstein

- Dien Rice