SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > Original SOWPub Forum Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 28, 2002, 06:32 PM
Mike Rodman

Default You're Not an Expert if You Serve a la carte...

Or at least that is my belief.

Scott ~

Based upon your initial posting and response to Ross I'm going to skip much of the initial marketing techniques and jump right to my point...

Even though I have and can provide solutions at the initial meeting with a prospect or client. More often than not, I elect NOT to.

The reason being???

"Perception"

The perception of the prospect, as it relates to the type of work I perform.

If I were to produce solutions out of my "stack" like so many cheeseburgers from McDonalds... I am not an "expert", but I am a fast food/fast solution provider.

Now if I were to gather the needed information FROM my prospect, and THEN use one of my phrases such as...

"Scott... I believe I have everything I need from you to develop a personalized solution to your needs. What I am going to do is head back to my office and sift through all of the material we have covered and devise a specific solution to fulfill your needs, fair enough???"

"Then I'll return in a few days and together we can both put the final touches on your program. That'll be okay with you, won't it Scott???"

Using this approach Scott, you're not only getting a number of assumed closes agreed to as you follow through with the statement, you are also setting the stage for your "Expertise". Making sense to you???

Unless you are receiving strong buying signals from the prospect, I would say stay away from a first time closing attempt. Develop the relationship first. Create some flair and drama to the solution and the ability on your part to provide it. Set yourself apart from the other "Consultants".

Anyone can do a parlor trick. But it is the stage setup... drama... flair... and the ability to "lead" an audience down a predetermined path that lands the performer a gig in Vegas!

There are many nuances instilled in the above closing statements. A number of techniques are brought into play too. Bottom line??? It's a deadly close!

Success and Regards... Mike

www.CrashCourseMarketing.com
...the fastest growing eZine for Sales
Professionals and Internet Marketers...