Go to the Main Business Forum page

The guy with only ONE problem, he doesn't make enough money. [Archive] - Page 3 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : The guy with only ONE problem, he doesn't make enough money.

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

GordonJ
March 25, 2018, 03:50 PM
Gordon, I agree with you...

When you're financially down, you need to focus... Focus on what will bring in money.

We all have skills (sometimes multiple skills) that people will pay for. It could be sales skills (which is one of the best, because you can sell your own thing). It could be other skills...

I've found it's harder when you're in a tough place... Because you have so many additional worries in the back of your mind. It makes it harder to focus... You have to overcome that...

I've also made a recent "mental" change which I found helped me. I got it from Jeff Bezos - the founder of Amazon.com ...

When faced with a decision, Jeff Bezos pretends he's in the future, looking back... Will he regret taking this particular path he's considering? Will he regret NOT taking that path?

He takes the path that minimizes future regret!

I've been practicing this (since December), and I've found some amazing results...

So now, with big decisions, I always think... If I'm in the future, looking back, will I regret doing this? Will I regret NOT doing this? It helps to bring clarity to my decision-making... And I think I make better decisions for my future, too...

By the way, I also find it motivational. Thinking that (in the future) I'll regret something, motivates me to make sure that thing I'll regret doesn't happen...!

Best wishes,

Dien

P.S. Here's the article on Jeff Bezos's decision-making method...

Take Jeff Bezos's Advice For Success And Consider 80-Year-Old You
https://www.lifehacker.com.au/2017/11/take-jeff-bezoss-advice-for-success-and-consider-80-year-old-you/

Pretend you can see the future from the top of a building. What does it look like? What is the step off rung?

What are all the steps in each section of the "fire escape" type stairway, that is what does each rung look like.

ADD this to your decision making, and look out.

Gordon

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page