Go to the Main Business Forum page

YIKES, I might have deleted the "Job" thread by accident...please repost. [Archive] - Page 2 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : YIKES, I might have deleted the "Job" thread by accident...please repost.

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

GordonJ
August 21, 2007, 02:23 PM
Normally, I use word before I post...not always, but if it is something I might want to save, I do.

There was a thread about getting a job, a commission only, 1099 private contractor job.

Some good advice got accidentally deleted. Hopefully, those posters will take the time to repost, we do VALUE your input.

I can't remember all the good advice, but I'll start it off with what I might do if it were me seeking this job.

I'd want to know everyplace they are located, or is it a job to get retailers to use the ad service? I don't know.

Either way, you want to know what this company does to the Nth degree. It is also, I think Glenn was on this track...

a TWO WAY STREET. You are interviewing them as much as they are interviewing you. It may be a great fit, it may not be.

CONFIDENCE is often the "tipping point" between candidates. They want someone who is not afraid of rejection, someone who can close the deal.

That's really about all these types of jobs look for. They don't want someone who is going to disappear in a week after training. So show them that you can stick with the task for awhile.

KNOW more about this company than the guy doing the interviewing, and you may have to dig for this, kinda late in the process.

KNOW the advertising competition, I would. The coupon connections, direct mail (such as Val Pak), newspaper advertising costs...all things you'll need to know for the job anyhow.

You're going to have convince people it is WORTH it to do this type of advertising, and you have to know what else they COULD spend their ad dollars on.

Hope this helps a little and again, I apologize all over myself for deleting the thread...I'd like to promise it won't happen again, but when these fat little fingers get fired up to 35 to 40 wpm...anything could happen.

gja

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page