Go to the Main Business Forum page

Ignore Everybody [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Ignore Everybody

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Bozo
September 19, 2009, 02:23 PM
I read this book sample (http://gapingvoid.com/books/) last night, and ordered the book today. I'm not an affiliate for this book, just impressed.

So you want to be more creative, in art, in business, whatever. Here are some tips that have worked for me over the years.

After reading the sample last night, I woke up early this morning with a dream still fresh in mind.

I was playing tennis and running to hit a high lob shot, looking back over my head tracking the ball. It looked like there was no way I could make the shot and I gave up on it. The next microsecond after giving up I realized that if I hadn't quit on it I could have made the shot.

My next thought was that I should just quit playing if I'm going to only take the easy shots. The next thought, just as I came awake, was that I'd better finish all the projects I've let slide or regret it from now on.

9. Everybody has their own private Mount Everest they were put on this earth to climb.

You may never reach the summit; for that you will be forgiven. But if you don’t make at least one serious attempt to get above the snow-line, years later you will find yourself lying on your deathbed, and all you will feel is emptiness.

The author draws cartoons on the back of business cards. I enjoyed those too.

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page