SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > Original SOWPub Forum Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 22, 2000, 07:30 AM
Dien Rice

Default Know about the life-cycle of the echidna? Here's your chance! :)

Hi Gordon,

I think what you are saying about the new SYNDICATION paradigm online is very important stuff....

I can understand that some people won't "get it." This is the usual case with ANY new idea I think....

I reckon you will always get at least 3 completely opposite responses to any new idea....

One group of people will hear a new idea, and say, "that really is new -- BUT there's no way it could work."

Another group of people will say, "that idea will work -- BUT it's NOT new!"

And finally, a few people will "get it" and will recognize that the idea IS new after all, and it COULD work....

I've seen these 3 responses occur in the physics research world. New physics ideas are arising all the time, and you always see these 3 different types of responses from different people....

I can see the internet being transformed in the way you are talking about.... Where everything will become more fluid than it is now....

Where one person's articles could automatically be distributed to thousands of web sites, and the person will be paid for it....

Yes, there is SOME of this going on already.... But if I understand this right, it is more the "model" of newspapers, where you have a few big news syndicates that sell their stories to all the newspapers....

However, this could really EXPLODE on the internet.... (Maybe it already IS....)

Web sites could become more and more tightly focused. Content providers will have their "products" available, and web site owners could pick and choose....

And yes, there are elements of this already, but it is quite disorganized. The powerful organization of this idea seems to be underway....

I'm no expert in this, but this is what I see from reading what Gordon has written.... It seems like this has a lot of potential....

I think it's quite exciting!

And I agree with you Gordon about "newbies".... A "newbie" is someone new TO THE INTERNET -- not to all knowledge and skills. A "newbie" could know a lot about fixing cars, about creating stuffed toys, about the life-cycle of the echidna.... Or they could be great at creating graphical content, or audio or video content....

They may be new to the internet, but they could have useful and exciting knowledge and skills in many other areas which could be marketable through online syndicates....

Thanks Gordon for pointing out these exciting developments! :)

- Dien