SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > Original SOWPub Forum Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 31, 2000, 10:40 AM
Gordon Alexander

Default General: LESSON #1 a PAGE 36

I once belonged to a study group on success, mostly based upon the teachings of Napoleon Hill.

You should form one in your community. Or start a SQUARE ONE WORKSHOPS program...

Anyway, we used to start each meeting by reading PAGE 36.

Art Williams sold his insurance company for MILLIONS of dollars, and in his tapes, he used to talk about how page 36 changed his life.

You have just received the first lesson in SQ1.

Here is page 36 (as it was in the Fawcett World Library edition, with the green, blue, yellow cover)

See if you can connect what Napoleon Hill writes with the POA and the POL.

Begin Page 36:

Six Ways to Turn Desires into Gold.

The method by which desire for riches can be transmuted into its financial equivalent, consists fo six definite, practical steps, viz:

First: fix in your mind the exact amount of money you desire. It is not sufficient merely to say "I want plenty of money." Be definite as to the amount. (There is a psychological reason for definitenes which will be described in a subsequent chapter.)

Second: determine exactly what you intend to give in return for the money you desire. (There is no such reality as "something for nothing.")

Third: establish a definite date when you intend to possess the money you desire.

Fourth: create a definite plan for carrying out your desire, and begin at once, whether you are ready or not, to put this plan into action.

Fifth: write out a clear, concise statement of the amount of money you intend to acquire, name the time limit for its acquistion, state what you intend to give in return for the money, and describe clearly the plan through which you intend to accumulate it.

Sixth: read your written statement aloud, twice daily, once just before retiring at night, and once after arising in the morning. As you read--see and feel and believe yourself in possession of the money.

It is important that you follow the instructions described in these six steps. It is especially important that you observe, and follow the the instruction in the sixth paragraph. You may complain that is is impossible for you to "see yourself in possession of money" before you actually have it. Here is where a burning desire will come to your aid. If you truly desire money so keenly that your desire is an obssession, you will have no difficulty in convincing yourself that you will acquire it. The object is to want money, and to become so determined to have it that you convince yourself you will have it.

END OF PAGE 36 FROM NAPOLEON HILL'S THINK AND GROW RICH.

Think and Grow Rich is one of the all time best sellers. It has been read by MILLIONS of men and women.

Yet I wonder how many have actually DONE what Napoleon Hill said? I can say this, the people I know who took the time to WRITE out their goals, develop a plan, execute the plan, and continue with the plan through thick and thin,

were the ones that reached their goals.

One thing I wanted to KNOW as a young man when I first read this was:

WHY? Why does it work?

And most people said, "It doesn't matter WHY it works, it just does."

Not good enough for me. After all, I'm the Cuckoo Clock Kid.

Think and Grow Rich is one of a thousand books I've read on success and achievement. But NO one, no where, would tell me HOW it worked.

So I developed SQUARE ONE WORKSHOPS to tell you the WHY'S and hows of life.

Can you see the why and how of PAGE 36?

DO you see the mind/body principle here?

Do you understand the connection between BELIEF and ACTION?

Do you now see why having a definite deadline is necessary? Or

Why VISUALIZATION plays a part?

You will.

Do you have a copy of THINK AND GROW RICH? Get one. I'll be referring to it often. It is one of the best books ever written on the subject of success.

The POA is a visual representation of Page 36, along with the WHY and HOW found on the POL...

Gordon (Student of the Masters) Alexander