SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > Original SOWPub Forum Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 28, 2003, 06:18 PM
Tamara

Default Why do we do what we do?

Hi everyone

Why do we do what we do?

This is a question I've really been asking myself a lot lately. Especially as people in my life continue to push me with subtle, and sometimes not so subtle, hints that I should get a job and forget about building my business.

I took the plunge and went full-time into my business because I just felt that my time had come. I'm an all or nothing kind of person. I'm not someone who can work full-time and build up a business on the side - although I wish I was. There was just something in my head and heart that said, "Tamara, it's time to take a leap of faith and go for it."

There were times when I came up against objection or difficulity and thought about going back to employment. But I always had this incredible feeling that I would be rejecting something, as well as giving up on myself. My conviction is paying off and I don’t regret the trials, the confrontations with negative people, and having to delay gratification. These days finding a job can be hard, but finding the courage to follow a dream can be even harder.

I really believe that sometimes you just know in your heart that the path you have chosen is the right one for you. And you know that to go against your instincts would a denial of an essential truth.

I'm really interested in finding out what drives other people to do what you do.

Regards
Tamara

Do you want to do your own marketing?