SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > Original SOWPub Forum Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 30, 2003, 10:58 PM
Michael Ross (Qld, Aust)

Default Crawl, stumble, walk, bound, jog, run, sprint

Brain:

You can ask me all the questions you want. And they can all be related to the ADVANCED form of JV. I won't answer them any different than what you read below - no matter how determined you are...

BEFORE you can be a JV Deal Broker you MUST be able to do a JV between just YOU and SOMEONE ELSE.

I know it is not what you want to hear. But - it is a necessary step. LEARN how to do a basic JV first. DO a basic JV first. Even do a few.

THEN - and only then - will you have the necessary EXPERIENCE to consider being a JV Deal Broker - where you act as a middle man.

TRUST me on this. DO a basic JV first.

Yes. This is repeating what I wrote in previous post. I repeat it because it is IMPORTANT.

DO a basic JV first. LEARN. You will learn the answers to all your questions - how to set up, payment handling, headache solving, etc.

> What are the types of problems or
> "headaches" that can occur when
> putting together the deals - in addition to
> ensuring you get paid?

Expect everything you can think of to go wrong. Mail problems. JV Partner changes their mind problems. JV partner overwhelmed problems. JV partner knows better problems.

Believe-ability. Believe it or believe it. Other people - business owners who do not know you from a crack on the sidewalk - will not believe you just because you say something in a letter. BUT... approach business owners as a fellow business owner - and no tricky tricks here, okay? - and you have better success. They sense you are like them - a real business owner - and not a see ya later guy.

In this sense, just come right out and make your offer. Be straight forward. Tell 'em in plain English...

Dear Brian:

I am writing to you today with regards to a mutually beneficial business proposal.

I own a shoe business and would like to offer my shoes to your customers for a share of the profits. That is, you get 50% of the profit of every shoe we sell to your customers.

If you are interested, or if you have any questions about how it would work, please call me on 555-5555 so we can discuss it.

Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely yours,

Joe Blogs - manager
Joes Shoes.

You can wait for them to call if you want to. Or, give them a couple of days and call them yourself.

This helps, I trust.

Michael Ross

Consider subscribing to The Great Ideas Letter