SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > Original SOWPub Forum Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 2, 2003, 07:54 AM
Michael Ross (Qld, Aust)

Default Step by Step. Oooo Baby.

In a post below ( http://www.sowpub.com/cgi-bin/forum/webbbs_config.pl?read=12952 ) John talks about creating your own DAILY ACTION PLAN and following it. Making adjustments as you go. Simple stuff. POWERFUL stuff. Read it if you haven't already.

Question: How Many people actually DO this?

Other Question: Given a ready made SUCCESS ACTION PLAN, which would cause success when followed, would you follow it?

A person who leans to being a franchise owner would say Yes. So would a person who does not desire to be a franchise owner.

The difference: Franchise owner would follow the plan of someone else's business. Independent person would like the plan to be made for their business.

Ok. The immediate answer would appear to be Yes. But would that really be the answer? Really?

Serious. People might say "yes, if I had a step by step plan that would cause success when followed, I would follow it." But when it came time to DO the plan, they would not do the plan.

Hold their hand and do it with them, and they have a much higher chance of following the plan.

Here is a product. Run THIS ad in THIS newspaper and say THIS to people who call and your results will be $X in your hand. The only thing you have to do is take the product to the person who bought it.

Even with such a proven tested ad/product combination some people will NOT go with it. Even without them needing to buy anything else - special car, equipment, etc - and even with them using everything they already have at their disposal, some will still not do the plan.

And they are not Johnny Worker Bee people. Born to be good little workers for the man. No. These are people who profess to want to have their own business. To be independent, finacially. To have more freedom/time for kids/family.

Is this reluctance to do with the person not doing it or is it something about the business? Or maybe is it the Glamor Index of the business?

Everyone wants to BE something. I am not a person who heals people thanks to my medical training (all kidding aside about doctors actually healing people), I am a Doctor.

Get it. People become their title. Fill in the blank... I am a _______________.

Did you fill it in with your job title?

Think you could fill it in with "gutter sweeper"? How 'bout "lawn mower"? Does not have the same ring to it as "Media consultant", does it?

Is that why whenever I call ANY sufficiently large company I speak with "consultants"? Is that the PC term?

Well. I herby denounce ALL PC terms as of this moment. And especially the word partner as it is used for a boyfriend/girlfriend/husband/wife/other. From now on, either say boyfriend/girlfriend/husband/wife/whatever or companion.

Anyway. Does the GI of a business play a part in the attractiveness of it, for you? I'm curious.

Michael Ross