SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 3, 2007, 07:19 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Default The Changing Weather Means A Business Opportunity...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post
Consider this week's news...there are thousands of miles of LEVEES IN the US on the brink of disaster...flooding will become a routine event across America in the next few years...and insurance rates will soar...along with a NEW movement...toward higher/safer ground (affordable) ...(read: write a little report, better yet, a couple of HOTSHEETS on this, and you could produce a bread and butter income)...

As I spoke about on the Katrina tape; fires, floods, tornados, hurricanes, Tsunamis, volcano eruptions (one coming soon)...and the impending EARTHQUAKE that destroys the West Coast...are NOT figments of some dooms day profiteer (Howard Ruff and Gary North pop into mind)...

they are ongoing FACTS of life. Part of the Parade of Life.
Gordon, I think you're right - there's an "info-opportunity" in the changing weather...

Where I live - in Melbourne, Australia - the weather does seem to be changing. Melbourne traditionally has been a bit of a "wet weather" city - I remember how we used to have weeks and weeks of drizzle, one day after another...

Now, we get hardly any rain. In fact, we're in the middle of the worst drought we've ever experienced... Some say Australia is having its worst drought in 1000 years...

Melbourne's change from drizzle to dry weather is both good and bad. The "good" part is the weather is much nicer, actually, for spending time outdoors and getting some sunshine! On the other hand, we have to watch our water use (we have water restrictions), so the city doesn't drain the existing water reserves dry. It's bad news for gardeners, and I've heard that many plant nurseries are going out of business...

However, it's not that everything is getting universally dry. Some places in Australia are actually getting wetter, with more rain! It's just that, those are areas where there aren't as many people (yet)...

I agree with you, this climate change could represent an opportunity... There will be a "flow on" effect. People will move as a result of rain and other weather patterns. Property prices could be affected in the decades to come as a result.

What if you had a report, telling how the weather would change, and where? I'm sure a lot of this info is "buried" in various scientific and government reports. If you could "dig up" that info, and write it in a way that the everyday man and woman could understand, would people want it? I think knowing how the weather patterns will change in the next few decades could be "money in the bank" to a lot of people!

Quote:
IF anyone is REALLY interested, (ED, don't bother, OK?) is sincere about getting started and pursuing a real Internet Opportunity...

then you need to invest 7 dollars today. Do that and then we'll talk.

After reading this, I truly believe this could be the STARTING point or the FINISH line for so many people. Why?
I got the report - thanks for pointing it out!

He has a very interesting (and even "ingenious") approach to "affiliate marketing"! And spending $7 is pretty "painless"...

Dien