SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 4, 2007, 01:15 PM
Administrator

Default Good reasons NOT to get Woody's "thing"...but I did anyhow, here's why...

First thing is I agree. It doesn't seem quite right to PAY to review someone else's work, no matter how good the reasons.

And it probably makes NO sense to buy something you know for a fact you aren't going to do anyhow...

BUT, sometimes there are better reasons to go ahead and pay the piper...and that is what I did.

AND, I'm glad I did and would gladly do it again.

OK. I'm nuts. But tell you something you don't already know for cry in the buckets...so I will.

I'm NOT going to do the mug thing (although I'm never saying never on it, it works and I've done a similar thing for realtors and OPEN houses)...

I'm probably NOT going to get back into selling advertising (although, it is one of the fastest and quickest ways to get CASH into your pockets)...

And I'm NOT going to go into promotional products either (although, with the help of Woody and Dennis Bevers, if I weren't already fully engaged...I'd put it at the top or near the top of businesses to start)...

"So Old Gordy, why in the he88 did you buy it?"

Because I wanted to see it.

Old timers around here know I hate 'Toopid people (and occassionaly I hate ME)...

And this sounds like one of those "They walk among us" sort of things (like the guy the other day who looked up in the sky and said "WHERE?" when his buddy exclaimed, "look, a dead bird"...those kind among us)

Now for the reasons I really wanted to see it.

I wanted to SEE what a "Home Study Course" looked like now a days.

In the 90's, I helped create The Remote Direct Marketing Home Study Course, which had 16 videos, and audios, and a work book and Text book and software...and sold for 500 bux...and was advertised in full page ads in USA TODAY and with a long letter I wrote...

So, I'm no stranger to Home Study Courses. Back in the stone ages of color TV on all 3 channels, I had purchased several home study courses.

One for memory ( I forget which one)...

One on creating INFORMATION products sold via eensy teensy classified ads (when Don Lapre was in diapers)...

One on Astral Projection (be careful, don't mock me, or I'll show up at your bedside in the middle of the night...that is, my full monty ASTRAL self will...and you don't even want that nightmare friend)...

And many many others.

So there was a curiosity factor. This comes into play on many low cost purchases...I'd say mostly 24 bux or less, but up to 49 dollars...and every once in a while, maybe a 67 dollar "curious" thing....but beyond that, they had better have some pretty terrific copy attached before my wallet opens.

I was curious about Woody's Home Study Course.

I wanted to see what it looked like. It is very well done. Good job Woody.

On page 5 Woody gives you 7 things you will easily learn.

His TABLE OF CONTENTS gave a good overview of his product. I like a detailed TOC, it lets me "jump" to the place I want to see first.

His INTRODUCTION is brief with a 3 level overview.

I liked his pictures and graphics, well placed with good borders. His screen shots were readable...in fact, the GRAPHICS part of his Home Study Course impressed me the most...and I'll tell you why...in a minute.

His DIRECTIONS were good...instead of PUBLISHER, I tested it in the FREE Open Office version: Draw...and was able to create the template very easily.

I thought the NOTES space was good, but a little too much of it. I don't need a page to take notes, I use the margins, the back of paper, but I'm glad he had some white space to make notes.

Woody EXCELLED at the HOW TO DO IT part of the course...using dialog that I believe anyone could use practically word for word to make this (or any advertising like promotion) thing work.

And he goes on to explain in great detail how to find advertisers, etc.

SO, I'm very glad I spent the money to get a chance to REVIEW this.

BECAUSE, as I'm helping other people and MYSELF in the creation of products, especially INFORMATION products, I have a

REFERENCE guide on HOW TO DO IT ...

Say I want to bring out the NEXT phase of Chatteling, for Super Chattelers...or a Home Study Course on FINDER'S FEE NETWORKING...or to create a HOME STUDY COURSE (HSC) on

HOTSHEETS...

OR a HSC on How to Start a Specialized Delivery Service (singing telegrams, candy, cookies, flowers, whatever)...

OR a HSC on How to Start and Build a Profitable GOLF Teaching Business

OR a HSC on How to Feed an Army on a Private's Salary

OR a HSC on Influence and Persuasion on and OFF the Net...

WELL, you get the picture...Having Woody's HSC on my shelf next to the others will pay for itself many times over.

Woody, you did a good job, THANKS for giving me an opportunity to review it...and knowing what I know and having studied it carefully, I'd gladly recommend it even at the higher prices it deserves to be at.

Them's my reasons for paying the fiddler...I wanted to do the dance.

GJA

PS. I kid you not, this link will take you to the best 7 dollar investment you will ever make...