SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > Original SOWPub Forum Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 1, 2000, 02:18 PM
Mike Rodman

Default Only Read this If You WANT To be Successful...

Ahhh... Gordon!!!

You're letting out all of the top salespeoples, most closely held secrets!!! We all are bonded by a code... similar to the Magicians Code!!! ;-)

People... Please read the following quote out loud to yourself...

When someone DOES buy from you, Call them
> up, thank them for their purchase and ask
> them WHY they bought it...

> Get the answers, don't just guess the
> answers.

> As Charles pointed out, you may think it is
> the bonuses, or the copy, or the offer, but
> until you talk to the customer, and then
> talk to hundreds, you won't know for certain
> which ELEMENT of your presentation is doing
> the most work for you.

> If you find one area keeps being THE reason
> for buying from you, then you strengthen
> that part, make it even more effective.

> Simple. But a technique MOST will never use,
> only the MASTERS like Charles.[/b]

My gosh... This alone accounts for many of my sales. And I've given my persoanlized version of this technique to some of my closest friends selling in other fields.

One of them, sells pools and spas. His sales have doubled over the last 6 months with my spin on the above technique. He's gone from 4-6 hot tub sales a month to almost 12-14!!!

Why is this such a great manuever??? You are not necessarily learning Why people are purchasing... What you're actually revealing to yourself is... What the Hot Buttons are for most people!!! Ka-Ching!!!

My buddy was lamenting about sales in general and his closing ratios... So I had him call his last 20 or so closed sales and ask them what had made them buy. And to his surprise, after charting the responses, it wasn't the Name Brand, or the high-zoot specialized Back Massage Jets which are patented by his manufacturer. It wasn't the Insulation keeping the costs associated with running a tub lower. It wasn't the fancy-schmancy pumps and filters that he spoke of so much. (Remember people want benefits... Not features!!!)

What it was... Was less chemicals and low maintenance on their parts!!!

This was an area my buddy just kind of breezed over as an aside. But it turned out to be the biggest hot button for the majority of his prospects!!! And he wasn't hitting on it!!!

Now he empahasizes the chemical and low maintenance thing... And his sales have soared!

tsk... tsk... tsk... G!!!

If Andrew Carnegie paid someone $10,000.00 for just a scrap piece of paper, which only told him to make a "To Do List", to be more successful... What could we have gotten with the above tip?!?!? LOL

If we want to double are sales or income... We don't necessarily need to work twice as hard! Just a little bit, will go a very, very long way!

Taking that one step, to find out the hot-buttons, and imparting it into your presentation or sales letter, to double your sales... Isn't working yourself twice as hard, now is it?

My gosh... The things that get told on this forum will make you highly successful. You have NO excuses to not achieve your dreams, goals and desires...

Success...

Requires no explanation.

Failure...

Permits no alibis.

What a great place to live and learn... Thanks for the opportunity to share. We all have what it takes to succeed in whatever field we choose. As long as we choose to.

~ Mike