SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 14, 2007, 06:10 PM
Joetrevison

Default Re: E-myth Revisited

You just insulted me Jim I know what a system is. But nothing runs it self. You either outsource or have employees. Even if you use the net with autoresponse and a shopping cart. What do you do what a Customer writes or email you? Nothing operates without people. I have all of the books I think Michael Gerber wrote and one of his audio programs. It is all the same. I know what he is talking about. Someone has to run the business. I once worked for a school. He was the president. No he was not in at times. But he had people running for him. Sales people, teachers, secretary and accounting to name a few. And I have a MBA so please do insult me telling me I don't know something so damn simple. Don't forget empoyees have payroll taxes that you have the match social Security and Medica Care. That has put more business out of business that anything think else.

I have a lawyer client that I do typing and pdf files for. He knows nothing about the computer. So I run this for him amount other people that help him. He once had a Construction Business with his now deceased brother.

He told me why is company went out of business in 1990 after starting in 1989. 1. Under capitalization, 2. employment taxes, and 3. under bidding jobs.

My paper in Graduate school is "Why Small Business Failed" I only found two things. No Marketing knowledge and experience. Others have found 10 things.

Including the 3 my client failed with. Even as a lawyer he only makes about $20,000. He will not listen to me about marketing. You go figure. He like the clients that don't have money to pay a good fee.