SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 20, 2007, 04:10 AM

Default Re: Have you seen "The Secret"

Thanks Sandi.

I kind of simplified my last post to amplify its meaning. I'll try again.

2 things I didn't like about The Secret:

1. Their mis-use of quantum science theories. They are using it merely to justify their cause - to make people believe that new-age science supports their theory. Thats not quite actually true.

2. They claim that everything - good or bad - arises from thought.

Apparent flaw: why are some children born handicapped? There can't be thought involved in that.

Can a person think his way to winning the lottery? No. But everyone who has won the lottery did hope and think that they would win it.

That statement shows the fault in the manifestation theory. Every thought doesn't lead to manifestation. But many (maybe all?) acts have thoughts behind them.

--

There is a difference between connectivity and manifestation.

For eg: how do sharks find prey in deep waters where its so dark that they can't see anything? This was a big mystery - until scientists found out that sharks have one more sense than humans - they can sense minute levels of electricity. And when any muscle moves, it does generate an electric current. Even when sharks can't see in dark waters, they can sense the electric current when other fishes swim.

Not sure about trees - but there might be such a sense working for them too.

Another eg - I recently read about ants. No one gives orders in an ant colony. Yet each ant knows what it has to do on any given day. And every ants functions change depending on the situation - some day they'll go food hunting, next day they'll build their nests etc. How do they know what to do when no one gives the order?

http://www.stanford.edu/dept/news/pr...15Arc3062.html

There is something going on that we aren't aware of. There is connectivity there - just like there is connectivity in trees.

Just like there is connectivity in people too. Many twins can "feel" when the other one is in an accident. This has been documented. But how do they get this feeling? No one knows it yet.

One twin can feel when its counter part is in an accident. But can one twin think and save the other one from the accident?

That is the question you should try to answer. My thinking leads me to the conclusion that the answer is No. And that is why I didn't like the Secret.

Disclosure: I never claim that positive thinking is worthless. There is power in it. Its just not magical or manifestative - in my humble opinion.