SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 20, 2007, 11:51 AM
James Anthony

Default HATED it....

I'll admit, I only made it through about half of the movie.

I thought it was a bunch of unproven, hyped-up nonsense.

I see "manifestation" and the "law of attraction" as two totally different things.

I'm a firm believer that whatever our minds can conceive and believe, that we can achieve. But it has nothing whatsoever to do with any outside forces that we have no control over.

Winning the lottery? Getting the perfect parking space? Nope - not gonna happen. When things like that do happen, it has nothing to do with "the law of attraction" and everything to do with luck or coincidence.

Everybody that pulls into that parking lot is hoping for the perfect space. If you get it more often than most, it just means that you're luckier more often than most.

There is nothing outside of your own person that your thoughts can control. I don't mean to offend anyone here but I think that to believe otherwise is just plain silly.

Now, those parts of your life that you CAN control - manifestation can play a HUGE part.

An example in my own life....

You may have heard me talk about moving to Hawaii a time or two :-)

A few years ago, there were many obstacles standing between me and the Islands, money being one of the biggest.

Now, every night when my head hits the pillow, that picture of what my life is supposed to look like becomes crystal clear. I'm talking literally here. I can see it every bit as clear as if I was already there. Not only can I see it, but I can feel the tropical breeze and feel my toes in the sand. The smell and the sound of the early morning North Shore surf is just as vivid.

It might be hard to understand for anyone that has never experienced it but all that stuff is so deeply rooted in my subconscious mind that it totally directs and drives everything I do without giving it any conscious thought.

The subconscious mind knows that to live in a "cheap" home where I want to live will cost in excess of a million dollars and that my credit is so shot that it will likely require cash to pull it off.

In the last couple of years, the money has poured in as a direct result of my efforts driven by the subconscious.

A few years ago, Hawaii was nothing more than a dream and a long term goal. Today the money is no longer an issue. (no, I don't have a million in cash - yet :-) There are other obstacles in my path that I'm subconsciously driven to knock down that wouldn't even be issues if Hawaii wasn't in the big picture.

My subconscious mind knows that there is no force on this earth that can possibly keep me from living there. At this point it will happen without any conscious effort from me.

That's the power of manifestation.

But I still can't ever seem to find a good parking space.

Go figure?

Jim

www.AlohaBen.com