SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 20, 2007, 01:18 PM
Administrator

Default Thanks to Dien for EH & comments on TOLL and Proprietary positions that pump cash

to their owners (controllers).

First, Thanks Dien for the updated Entrepreneur’s Hotsheet, thanks for taking your time to help us all out, it is appreciated.

A thought or two about PROPRIETARY products that can lead to a TOLL position.

A TOLL booth just sits there and collects money...it can be (and often is) left unattended, perhaps it is one of the original automated profit generators created. If you want to get from here to there, be that across a bridge, a road, or a turnpike...you have to pay the toll.

A ferry is used in many parts of the world, just as they were in ancient times to help people cross a body of water...for a FEE.

The most in depth body of work I’ve read on the subject of TOLL positioning was done by Harvey Brody many years ago and since then I’ve read and studied several other splinter works done, but none as comprehensive as Harvey’s...that covered Patents, Copyrights, Trademarks, Tools and Dies, Molds...etc. etc.

It was the best 600 bux I ever spent on a "course".

I have PROPRIETARY positions with most of my own products, some have formal copyrights, others have public copyrights and some I’ve sold off. You can do that when you OWN the thing.

Without going into to much detail, I’m currently working with Jim Straw’s Mercantile Connections Exchange (MCE) on some TOLL booths and FINDER’S FEES. This is what I call a THROWBACK business...but with modern technology tossed in for efficiency.

Jim and his partner (and then, the group) made millions of dollars hooking people up...

I remember my first FINDER’S FEE, when I hooked up a guy looking for a business with a guy who was looking to buy one...OH sure, it wasn’t the million dollars that Jim made, but it was a couple of grand and at the time it sure LOOKED like a million bux to me. I also got a nice consultant’s contract out of the deal too.

Currently I’m trying to hook up marketing companies with products (mostly small time inventors who aren’t getting any younger). Now of course you have to have your t’s crossed and your i’s dotted as Jim outlines in his FINDER’S FEE course (included with the Millionaire in a Year Course). OH, if you don’t know about the Millionaire in a Year Course, here’s my affiliate link:

https://paydotcom.com/r/11834/gjabiz/498243/

There are also a LOT of so-called "Stored Value" products just sitting around...this was another concept of Harvey Brody’s; and is just as doable and workable today as it was in the mid 70’s, maybe even better today as manufacturing is fleeing to China. Maybe I’ll knock off a quick little 7 buck ebook on the subject of Stored Value...hey, you got your 7 Dollar Secrets yet?

http://www.gordonjayalexander.com/7dollarsecrets/ go get it and if you’re willing to tell me a little about yourself, I’ll give you a few ideas on quickly creating your own 7 Dollar project and how to use it as a TOLL booth to other things that people WANT.

Personally, I think the 7 Dollar thing is a fad, perhaps I’ll be proven wrong...most of the reports I’ve seen aren’t worth the 7 bux, and I wouldn’t pass them on to anyone, even for FREE.

I do like the tested and proven stuff, OH, say some of the reports that Jim Straw has been selling for over 30 years...go check out his tried and proven ways to really make some cash...http://www.businesslyceum.com/ Not some FAD of the day, but tested and proven for those that work for what they want.

OF course, it is my opinion that the fastest and easiest way to get some cash flow happening is with Chatteling, and anyone can do this:

http://www.chatteling.com/b/gordon/

and I’ll answer your questions via email (preferably) or at the GJA Chatteling forum hosted here at Seeds of Wisdom Publishing.

Take a good long and hard look at the Internet....and see if you can find a few TOLL booths hard at work for the hardly working owners.
NOW, you don’t have to OWN the product, just control it...like with a book on, say, Vinegar or some natural remedy...like what you might find at www.jamesdirect.com A local guy who runs full page ads in PARADE Magazine.

YOU could find a ton of books, audio programs, content of all kind, not to mention local businesses that are closing; we just lost a Music Store in Akron {Lentine’s} after 30 years, and although it was sad to see a local guy close his doors, it was, for the local chattelers, a GREAT opportunity to buy over here and sell over there.

There are businesses FOR SALE in your area that someone somewhere else might be interested in, especially profitable, established ones...that could lead you to a nice little HOOK UP fee, oh, let’s call it a FINDER’s FEE, OK. And if you have a few bux and some Marketing Skills, you could source products, say at www.ealliancemaker.com and buy the minimum of a certain widget and sell it on ebay or a NICHE web site...and YES, I’m working on that too.
It all ties together for me...and although may appear scattered and diverse, it comes down to one basic IDEA that is working for me...I’m the HOOK UP guy.

I’ll stand between the people with chattel to sell and those who buy and I’ll take a little profit.

I’ll be in the gap between a business owner, Liquidators, a surplus guy over there...and hook him up with someone over here.

I’ll be the small TOLL bridge that collects the 7 Bux from people who want to get from where they are to where they think they want to go, with the help of the latest information product...

and within that sentence is my cryptic formula for both finding/creating/acquiring products and also writing the promotions to sell em. Simple stuff really: Before/AFTER.

Well, I really just wanted to THANK Dien Rice for getting the New Improved Version of the Entrepreneur’s Hotsheet out, but Dien, could you make it LESS GOOD? I’m spending too much time on the great finds you put in the EH. OK?

OH? That’s my problem.

You’re right sir, thanks anyhow.

Gordon Jay Alexander

PS. It really is about TIME for the most part, and how you choose to use it. But I may be wrong again.