SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > Original SOWPub Forum Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Poll: 6zRCG
Poll Options
6zRCG

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 1, 2000, 09:12 PM
Gordon Alexander

Default See, some of you thought I was making this stuff up....HA!

Thanks Bruce,

I'm going to quote from Psychofeedback, one of my favorite passages, it is so in synch with what I'm trying to do.

From Chapter 5: Input Equals Output.

"Of course as a concept, positive thinking has been with us for a long time. Two thousand years ago it was said, "As a man thinketh, so he is."

Most self-improvement books, such as Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill, or The Power of Positive Thinking by Norman Vincent Peale, or The Magic of Thinking Big by David Schwartz, stress the importance of thinking the correct thoughts. In fact, "You've got to think positive" has become a cliche of our society.

Yet, with all due respect to the fine authors mentioned above their work does not explain the mechanism involved with the thinking process. Without exception, they urge their readers not to question how thinking positively will help them; the degree of trust which they call for is beyond most people's capacity."

End of quote from Paul G. Thomas' book: PSYCHOFEEDBACK

the degree of trust which they call for is beyond most people's capacity

That is exactly what I've found in 25 years of studying this stuff. Dien and I discussed this when he came to visit.

I (and he as a scientist) could never make the leap of faith these guys want you to take, without knowing WHY it worked.

Now, the SQUARE ONE WORKSHOPS balance that out.

For most people, understanding the Connective Circle of Thoughts/Body is enough. But for those more serious students who want to know even more, we can delve into neurotransmitters, and how to actually speed neural transmission, and increase the action potentials.

We should form a club Bruce.

One point, deeper studies is not necessary for everyone. But accepting the concept of Positive Thinking on blind faith, without knowing WHY it works, has, in my opinion, produced just as much failure as any methodology.

With the Pictogrigm of Life, most people can understand the WHY of positive thinking in less than an hour. Neat, Huh?

Thanks Bruce,

Gordon Alexander