SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 26, 2007, 02:34 PM
Kelly Kasabian

Default Gordon or anyone - what to do when you've got a "want" but the product....

GJA or anyone with experience ...

What to do when you've a "want" but the product... needs to be "manufactured" ?

Here's the scoop - I'm trolling around eBay and notice a particular product in it's category is going gangbusters on bids - but all the others in the same category aren't. Seems this ONE particular one (that is no longer being manufactured) always sells well ...always between 200 and 300 bones.... but believe-you-me, it's because it's GOOD, not because it's collectible... ya' see, I have one - and I remember getting into a similar bidding war a few years ago when I bought it ...I just no longer need it.

Ya' see - it's a rare product that not only fits a want but a "need" also ... one of those "d*mn! I could really use that!" the moment a person (like small families starting out or students on a budget) sees it ... it eliminates a lot of hassles. It's not a hobby or anything like that, in other words.

Okay - so here's the thing - sure I want to get rid of mine for a pretty penny - but I'm thinking, if I can get these things exclusively - or whatever, seems to be a ready market on eBay that can't get enough. (and I figured out pretty much exactly why too ...none of the other manufacturers offer something that's unique with this one product... and those starter families and students end up saving a lot of time and money by getting it) ...

Okay - my question is - I don't care to deal with manufactured products because you have to put a lotta' $$$ up front to get 'em made ...

...so, any of you guys out there with your creative "schmoozing" ever figured out a way to get something made like this - perhaps on a limited basis - without any of your own moolah? (I seem to remember Dan Kennedy - and I AM NO FAN OF HIS - or any of "those" guru's - saying "If you can't get rich with no money - you won't get rich with money either" ...i happen to believe that's true) ...while I don't have any money to get these things "reverse engineered" or whatever - I refuse to let that kinda' thing stop me when I see a "hungry market" ready to buy...

Anyhow - I know there's limited info here guys ...but any of your experiences in getting something manufactured with as little risk as possible would be interesting to hear.

Btw, I've heard of something where you can get all kindsa' seed capital and such if you are able to produce a list of "retail merchant buyers" or something - but I dont' have that ..all I have is a niche on eBay (and somehow, I imaigne convincing "angels" to fund a project on eBay alone ain't gonna' cut it)...

Okay - thanks again to all in advance ...

KK