SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 20, 2007, 07:15 PM
MichaelRoss

Default Re: Was Robin Hood a good guy?

Sandi,

Thanks for your comments.

WARS are caused by governments. Right now there is never a Need for war, but they happen anyway.

There is nothing wrong with Coveting, as long as you do not take Wrong Action upon your desires. Wrong Action being to infringe upon someone else's property rights. Right Action being to use the desire to Rightfully Acquire your own copy of the coveted item.

What hope is there to preventing Coverting and Wrong Action when the government does it on a Mass scale. It is imprinted upon our psyche.

You can talk about right and wrong and knowing the difference... and I'll agree with you. People should be held accountable for their actions and wrongful actions. However, just as a child is imprinted and brainwashed with religion, it also absorbs that coveting and taking wrongful action to obtain the coveted item is okay - it sees it go on on a daily basis without repercussions.

cooperation should be the name of the game for the good of all

According to WHOM? And WHO judges what is good for me?

In any transaction, the name of the game should actually be... to the best YOU can get from mutual agreeable and uncoerced dealings.

Otherwise you turn me into my Brother's Keeper and force me to look after his interests in any deal we make. To Compromise.

Let me tell you about Compromise... there is no such thing. What you call Compromise actually means, one person gains at the expense of another. Because it stems from a Have giving up something tangible to a Have Not, while all the Have Not gave was their Desire - their coveting.

E.g. A company pays its workers $20 an hour. The workers WANT $30. The "Let's compromise" phrase it heard and suggested Compromise of $25 is bandied about. Maybe even agreed to.

All that happened was... the workers gave up their Desire - they lost nothing. But in reality and in a very real and tangible way, the company lost for no gain. It COST the company but not the worker.

THAT is what Compromise is when it is stripped of its Feel Good clothing.

Cooperation with one another to achieve individual development and goals is the best model for a successful, sustainable, community, IMHO

Why is this the "best model for a successful, sustainable, community"? What REASONING do you have to back up your general statement?

Doesn't this just turn me into my brother's keeper again. Needing to co-operate with him so he can achieve his goals and desires. Doesn't it turn me into a sacrificial animal giving up my life and efforts for the desires and goals of others? Placing Their Need above my own? And what is so righteous about that? Why is that a good thing?

Michael Ross

Last edited by MichaelRoss : April 20, 2007 at 10:45 PM.