SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 22, 2007, 12:36 AM
Duane Adolph

Default Re: WANTED: Your Participation - The info in this post could make you money

Hi Michael,

Great to get the Brain Thinking.

1st off, if you haven't already read the book "4 hour work week", get it.
www.fourhourworkweek.com

The author travels the globe and works from the Internet AND has some paradigm-shifting viewpoints about traditional "Work" and Lifestyle. He also provides specific examples of "'the new rich". Like the family of four that sailed around the world for less than $20,000 per year.

Here are some ideas just quickly off the top of my head.

Consignment Selling:

I had done some work selling used motorcycle parts on Ebay a couple of summers ago. Once the agreement was made, I just listed and "marketed" the items on ebay. They shipped the products. I collected the money and sent them a cheque. I still stopped by to take the photos every so often, but that just as easily could have been done by them. So this could have been worked from anywhere.

Dropshipping:

The same motorcycle client, also has a profitable motorcycle accessories website. He has outsourced the customer service to the Phillipines and the site was created by freelancers in India. It is certainly profitable and a person could make a living doing this. The client still has his full-time job though.

Affiliate Selling:

A good friend of mine markets to the Daytrading Niche and has been doing it for the last 2 to 3 years profitably. When he had started he did a HUGE J.V of his ebook with a BIG I.M star in that niche. He Built a large list almost instantly and he has leveraged that ever since.

Tech Support:

Some old colleagues I know used to work in a call centre performing tech support. Now they take calls from their homes. I don't believe they are truely mobile though as there may be specific equipment that needed to be set up on their home P.C's.

Expanding on the mobile Tech Support concept. In the book I referenced earlier www.fourhourworkeweekcom, Ferris described, how an employee used the "Puppy Dog" close technique with his employer to free up his time, and take support calls while in China. He was thus free from his desk.

Chatteling on Ebay:

I have been doing this on and off for the last 2 years. It is a bit of a grind, but if someone were more ruthless with this method, they could easily make a fulltime income from chatteling. And NOT just on ebay by the way.

Virtual Assistant:

One of the IM gurus, I believe it was Mike Filsaime mentioned that he had hired a lady as his virtual assistant. She then proceeded to build her own team of V.A's that she farmed work out to. She also proceeded to get some other IM clients as well. So this is certainly anothe model

Virtual Call Agent:

I just remembered there's a company here in Canada that hires people specifically to work from home. They have clients like Pizza,Pizza, KFC etc.etc. So when you call in for delivery, one of their agents will get the call. I believe you have to pay for the equipment, and YOU set your own hours of operation of when you will be online. I don't know if there are any restrictions on where you could work.

So just quickly off the top my head those are 7 ways that I personally know of. Actually any sort of "Telecommuting" job may fit within your parameters. So a search on those Telecommuting job sites would help.

Cheers

Duane Adolph