SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 1, 2007, 11:05 AM
bobmcalister

Default Re: Trend Trading

hidden in the post is a link to a good charting site and some brief explanation of one 'system'

VantagePoint's accuracy statistics were computed on out-of-sample price data utilizing neural networks trained on both single market and intermarket data and relate to the Neural Index which indicates whether the average of tomorrow’s midpoint and the midpoint of the day after tomorrow (both unknowns at this time) are expected to be higher or lower than the average of yesterday's midpoint and the midpoint of the day before yesterday. The numerical value of the Neural Index, either a one (1) or a zero (0) thereby indicates whether or not the trend direction is expected to be higher or lower for each target market over the next two days. A Neural Network accuracy statistic of 80% does not mean that eight out of ten trades will be winning trades. VantagePoint is not a trading system that gives the same specific buy and sell signals to all users. It is a technical forecasting tool that is comprised of proprietary forecasting indicators that apply neural networks to market data for the purpose of finding patterns and relationships between markets and then using this information to make futuristic forecasts. Using these indicators each trader determines his or her own entries, exits and stop placements which may vary from those of other traders due to differences among traders in trading style, objectives, risk propensity, account size and number of contracts involved, thereby producing different trading results from one trader to another. Futures and options trading involves risk, is not for every trader, and only risk capital should be used. For more detailed information, please read our Important Disclaimer, Privacy Policy, and Software License Agreement.

and the site

http://tfc-charts2.w2d.com/forum/

I have traded the emini before and even wrote a little book..sold several copies on the ebay ....it is still on my hard drive I guess

look for the market to HURT as many common people as possible...high oil, interest rates, food prices...basics ....

I had several trades that I did that were correct almost 80% of the time...and discovered that the best 'system' to use is the one the big boys/girls use....and you discover that by watching ..

anyway, my partner closed the account and took all the moolah...so ...dont have a joint account...

have a good one