SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 16, 2007, 09:20 PM
MichaelRoss

Default Stuff "The Secret"

Steve,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Here's some more to Think about...

Quote:
You don't preach "the secret" to others. You just seem to live it!

I don't preach The Secret because it's Mystical Something For Nothing thinking - no different than a farmer asking the rain and crop god to give him good crops.

NOT ONCE did I write down a goal of doing this. I did not write "I have a Blue Card", "I can operate an excavator" or anything else. I wrote down absolutely nothing. I had No Written Goal. They are Not Needed. The Success Report covers the why's and wherfore's of this.

I did Not Affirm anything. Not Once did I say - mentally or audibly - that I had, or would have, any thing in particular or in general. Again, The Success Report covers the why's of this too.

I did Not Visualize anything. Not Once did I imagine holding a Blue Card (didn't even know what one looked like) or operating a piece of machinery or anything related to that. Once again, The Success Report covers this.

I did absolutely None of what The Secret espouses (hence I didn't Live it). The Secret is plain old mumbo jumbo something for nothing hogwash. I am Proof it is a load of feldercarb.

Quote:
It's a rare individual who can remain cheerful for 30 days straight

That was just my time In The Box. The entire time I was on the site I was Chipper. People stopped asking me how I was because they knew the answer was either going to be, Excellent!, Tops! or Fantastic! I'll let everyone else be "not bad", "could be worse" or "alright I s'pose".

Then again, I don't drink softdrink of any kind nor black tea or coffee. So my Mood isn't altered by what I consume. You might want to try it - go off the sugar and caffeine, deal with the headaches for a day or so, and then see how you feel mentally.

Quote:
I just want to sit in front of the computer and dream of riches without actually doing much of anything

Yep. Sounds just like The Secret thinking to me. HA! And sounds like you've bought into it.

Quote:
I'll still continue to preach "The Secret"

WHY? It's obviously Not working. So why continue to Preach it?

Think about it, seriously.

If The Secret was all it's cracked up to be, don't you think it would have worked for you by now? That is hasn't should be your own Proof it's garbage.

As far as I can tell, those who make money selling The Secret, or their own derivative of it, either made their money selling The Secret - or - made their money in other ways BUT attribute it to The Secret for their own agendas. And those who aren't rich by The Secret but who still encourage others to Follow The Secret also have something to gain by doing so - maybe an affiliate commission somewhere along the line, or they are hoping others will also buy into the Fantasy they did so they won't feel so bad about it.

I had this discussion with Nan Felding ages ago. She kept Pushing the idea of Prosperity Thinking even though she admitted she wasn't prosperous.

Humans are the highest level creatures on this planet. We are able to achieve Incredible things. And even though most people will be born, live and die and add nothing to human existence other than more humans, doesn't mean they couldn't have. They just didn't, for whatever reason.

But not one single human achievement was attained by mystical magical "Secret" thinking. It was achieve wholly and solely by a Rational Mind thinking Rational Thoughts to overcome legitimate obstacles. It was not achieve by Group Prayer or looking at photos dreamily. The moment you decide to throw out reason for mysticism is the moment you discard all that makes humans great. And you become no better than a savage who operates on instinct.

Landing on the moon was not achieved by Magik Think. It was achieved Rationally as a result of Rational Minds. Atomic Energy did not come about due to New Age Fantasy and Crystal Worship. It was achieved Rationally as a result of Rational Minds.

We laugh at the medieval peasants and their superstitions and fearfulness of witches and goblins and multiple gods. But in turn, most believe the same malarkey they did, but just call it The Secret instead.

There is only one way to achieve anything. To Rationally Think about it and to Take Action. Obviously, The Success Report can help with the Action part. But if you forgo rational thought then, at the moment, I see no way to help.

Michael Ross

P.S. I'll shortly reveal the lessons. Remember, I said there were At Least 9. There are More, but figured 9 of them would be identified.