SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 17, 2007, 11:48 AM
SteveSki

Default Re: Stuff "The Secret" - Piss off!

Hi Michael, Boy am I pissed... not!

Thanks for your suggestion on cutting out the coffee and sugar. Good advice!

I read your Success Factor about the same time I started to study the secret by downloading the free screensaver and book at www.ScienceofGettingRich.net

The secret movie was based on that book and on the Master Key System.

I met my wife thanks to studying the secret. That led me to OZ. And now I earn more doing a one hour photo shoot than I did driving a truck for 40 hours a week. So at least for me... Einstein was right in that... "Imagination is more important than knowledge". You see... I had the knowledge of how to build a successful photography business in me for years. But I was unable to manifest it until I was able to picture myself doing it in my minds eye.

You don't seem to understand what the secret is. Your view and mine are two different things. Does that mean one of us is right while the other is wrong?

It's takes more than magical thinking to activate the secret. Action is required. There is an excellent Free Audio ebook on it here that talks about that. So maybe we are not talking about the same thing?

Everything you are now working to create first started as a thought in someones mind and when put into action... thoughts do manifest into reality. Do they not? Or are thoughts not things?

You may not have written your dreams and goals out on paper but like the science of getting rich book says... you don't have to if you visualize what you want to attract in your minds eye and ACT IN A CERTAIN WAY.

Sure I would like to just earn a fortune by sitting in front of my computer. That's a dream held by many. But just staring at the screen and wishing won't do it. So using the "O" factor as described in your Success Factor certainly works better than dreaming alone.

Now imagine that you had a mental illness but you are seldom aware of it. And your mind was possessed by a parasite called your ego. It has you convinced that you are it and it is right about everything and anyone who disagrees with you is wrong and they should go stuff their own beliefs.

Do you know anyone like that?

But what if that person became more present and in tune with things and realized that his or her ego was just a mental idol that keeps them from being who they really are. Don't you think that practicing a little magical thinking can help that person to become more aware and happier? By magical thinking I mean simply paying attention to the thoughts in their head and choosing which thoughts to focus on and which ones to let go of. Wouldn't that kind of magical thinking be a good thing? Or would they be better off to close their mind off to possibility thinking and stuff it all because thats what the little parasite... that mental idol they identify with and worship tells them to do?

quote:We laugh at the medieval peasants and their superstitions and fearfulness of witches and goblins and multiple gods. But in turn, most believe the same malarkey they did, but just call it The Secret instead.

I disagree... The reason why 3 million women got burned as witches was because they listened to the parasite instead of using the secret to become more aware of their own stinking thinking. So they forked over their thought process to others and blindly followed and did as they were told by their leaders who also were possessed by their ego.

Your parasite never seems to get the best of you but I have difficulty going more than 3 hours without bumping into mine. Yours never seems to control your thoughts, actions or moods. That's why I thought that you may have been a real master that just lived the secret and you never had to magically take control of your own thinking. But maybe your stuff don't stink.

"Am I" right or "AM I" Wrong?

You tell me and I'll listen to the master!

But whatever you think... I'll still try to always appreciate your viewpoint.. even when you are obviously wrong. Pissing contests are full of it... aren't they?

Cheers,
Steve Shulenski
www.MaverickPhotographer.com

Last edited by SteveSki : July 17, 2007 at 12:36 PM.