SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 19, 2007, 11:18 PM
Duane Adolph

Default First there was LEE then there was ROSS

Bruce Lee explained the power of being fluid with "The Water Metaphor."

"Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless--like water.
Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup,
You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle,
You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Now water can *flow* or it can *crash*!
Be water, my friend."

THEN there was Michael Ross who explained the power of Infrastructure with "The Ripple Effect Metaphor:"

"Infrastructure is moving into the areas - and there is also The Ripple Effect.
Think a pebble in a pond and waves rippling out.
Think of those waves as Price Rise waves.
They start in close and gradually move out - along the infrastructure lines."

Hi Michael,

Thanks for all the great info on Manny's program.

I LOVE the Infrastructure method for finding Future Growth Areas because it is Simple and easily identifiable. I will be sure to look out for population growth as well.

I appreciate you sharing your thoughts Michael.

Duane Adolph

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelRoss View Post
Duane,

Thanks for asking.

Manny makes his money when you Buy In to his program - and - when you have him create a Contract for you. He can create a CFD without you Buying In, but it costs you more money that way.

Don't quote me on this, but I think his prices are something like $250 for a contract when you Buy In and $500 if you don't. Either way, still cheaper than a normal lawyers creating one for you.

I've lived in 3 different cities in two different states and the single thing that comes Before ALL Growth is...

Infrastructure!

And the thing with Infrastructure is, the full effects can take years to happen.

A new two or three lane motorway into an area can create ten to fifteen years of growth.

The city I live in now, I have identified Two areas with Good Future Growth prospects. Both are... slightly out of the city (not too far to travel to work daily) and both are benefiting from Infrastructure Improvement and Planned Infrastructure Improvement.

Without infrastructure - and I am referring to roads and rails and transport stuff - it's hard for people to move to those areas. Give them quicker transport and the place will take off.

Just today I was speaking to an old friend I haven't seen in 18 years. He was telling me all about the suburb we used to live in back then. There are two new motorways into the area and a new train line. And as a result, what was a no growing to slow growing place is now taking off. And much of the surrounding countryside is now ALL housing estates. The major shopping center has doubled in size, the town center shopping center has also expanded, as have some of the clubs. (A far cry from when I lived there and a major developer had to offload 3/4 of the development to the Govt Welfare Housing because he couldn't find anyone to buy it!)

I used to work at Australia's Wonderland - think Canada's Wonderland for a idea. The place closed in 2004 and was demolished in 2005, but there is now motorway access into that neck of the city and things have gone gangbusters. What used to take around 2 hours to travel into the city, now takes around 30 minutes.

It also helps if the population of the city is growing. For that you'll need to contact your local authorities.

And through it all, you'll need to keep your finger on the pulse of what's going on in your city. The two main areas I have identified were not viable 15 years ago. But now they are. As is a Third area that *I* avoid because everyone is talking about it - so prices are already artificially higher than they would be (still okay for most people to invest but *I* can get better bang for my buck elsewhere).

You could say, if the area was not viable 15 years ago but is now, doesn't that mean it was viable back then?

Well no, because no-one wanted to live there, the place was stagnating, prices were dead flat and places were empty for months at a time (even with dirt cheap rent and one month's free rent). No infrastructure was planned at the time.

But things change. And since then, infrastructure has occurred. Just enough to make the places viable but not enough to drive the prices through the roof, yet. But over the next five to ten years, things in those areas will be skyrocketing.

For example: Most housing in the city is $350k++. But just 30 minutes drive into those two areas and you can buy condos and townhouses for $130k to $180K and houses for $190k - $240k with rents around 5.2% or better. (You cannot find a condo or townhouse within 20 minutes of the city for under $250k, so these places are little goldmines.)

Infrastructure is moving into the areas - and there is also The Ripple Effect. Think a pebble in a pond and waves rippling out. Think of those waves as Price Rise waves. They start in close and gradually move out - along the infrastructure lines.

In this country, some smaller rural towns Seem like good places to invest. But what drives those prices is other investors and not true Living Demand. I avoid such artificial Flavor of The Month investing.

Anyway. MY experience tells me, New as well as Upgraded infrastructure points you in the direction of Future Growth. But make sure your city's population is also growing.

Michael Ross