SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 25, 2007, 10:09 AM
Administrator

Default You won't be waiting too long Pete, and in the meantime, here is...

some food for thought.

OK. Let's make it 25 grand a day for a work week of five days and fifty weeks, even the money makers take a vacation...he.he....

Actually, it's for my MATH skills. So 25k a day X 5 = 125,000 a week X 50 =

$ 6, 250,000.00 bux a year so so my calculator tells me. WE know the people who far exceed that:

Tiger Woods (and many top golfers).
Baseball, football, basketball players.
Entertainers including movie stars, singers, etc.
CEO's of big biz.

Well, a whole lot of people make that kind of money. The problem from MY point of view is:

they all have TALENT.

That leaves me out. Can't sing, dance, rap, play a sport or anything. DANG!

But if I set my sights on the GOAL of making 6 million plus a year...what and who would I (the guy with no talent) look to for a ROLE MODEL?

AND, considering that I'd not want to spend 10 years doing it either. So what am I to do?

First, FIND the people who have done it...find what they did, how they did it, and if there are any "secrets" they aren't revealing. NOW I have to determine IF I can follow the blueprint...and it turns out, that I CAN'T in some instances...like MLM or Network marketing.

YES, there are the 6 million a year crowd in MLM, and YES they have systems and techniques to do it...BUT, it ain't for me. I'm too anti-social. Too reclusive. In ten years of getting invited to seminars and workshops, and some have even offered to pay me to be there...I've only gone to one.

ONE I was going to go to (mainly to meet some ladies) got crossed off because of a tornado here. The one I went to was in Arkansas for a Bill Myers workshop, and even then I tried to "fly low".

So there are qualifiers for ALL of us, regarding what we would or wouldn't do to make the 6 million bux a year.

I'm willing to sit at home and put clothes on even, and work from the computer, and attend the occassional meeting. So a home based office works for me.

NEXT, find the "role models". I don't know their income levels, only guessing, but I'd probably believe that Yanik Silver, Armand Morin, John Reese and Marlon Sanders are in that high flying group of Internet marketers who operate a successful biz in the range I'm speaking of.

How about OFF LINE? None of us have to look very far, who are the people in your neck of the woods hauling down that money? What do they do, how do they do it?

OK. But I'll add some of my own criteria. I want some thing that is FAST. Something I understand without having to go back to school for 5 years. I want something that has been tested and proven, with a track record of a couple of decades of success, at least. I want LOW risk.

So then I get a more narrow focus on WHO might be the person to best help me...and then I have to determine if there is a WILLINGNESS on their part to do so.

There are many wealthy people here in town, but FEW of them have the willingness to share their "secrets", they are too busy making their money.

The FIRST thing I have to do is to make an 'ATTITUDE' ADJUSTMENT....by seeing and understanding that 6 million a year, in the bigger picture, isn't all the much money...Tiger Woods banks over a 100 million a year.

So when I begin to see the big picture, I come to an understanding of possibility. IF so and so did it, and they did it in a manner that might suit me "copycatting" it...then BINGO, I've found my "mentor".

And so it comes full circle for me: "knowing what you want"...and "why"...

then taking the action to make it happen.

Pete, everyday, you may visit a forum where people are trying to figure out how to make an extra 100 bux a day...or they will starve. What has been recently planted in my thick skull is that the thinking is not only the starting point, but the destination when it comes to setting up financial goals.

So today, we've seen how some people easily make their 25 thousand a day...and often much more...and the key for us NO TALENT folk,

is to find the people who started from scratch and built something big, and used methods and techniques available to all of us, even us poor schlubs with no talent. That's what I'm talkin about.

More later.

gjabiz