SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 25, 2007, 11:58 PM
tony.ct9a

Default Re: Seeking advice in starting a tissue paper manufacturing/packaging company.

Hello everyone, I'm surprised for all of the prompt responses I'm getting towards my enquiry and I'll like to thank everyone for replying.

Actually I'm setting up the same business (Adpackusa.com / tissue advertising) here in Brunei. I've already did some travelling here in Asia region and met with some other tissue advertiers (my competitors) and studying their product.

Usually there's only a few companies that dominated the state which is usually those who's able to keep the advertising cost to the lowest. Their keeping their rate at a very competitive range, for 20,000 packets of pocket wallet tissue for $0.23/packet (includes advertiser's artwork printed).

I did some quotation request around tissue packet suppliers for 20,000 packets of orders which includes includes artwork printed and the quotation I'm getting back is ranging from $0.20/packet to $0.35/packet so there's not much room left for me to profit if my initial cost is already at that price and won't be able to compete with some of the local competitors. The competitors whose able to provide their rate at lowest usually owns their own factory in producing tissue paper or tissue paper packaging.

For manufacturing tissue itself is going to be an extensive procedure and involves a lot of start up cost. What I figured is I'll start in the middle whereby I'll get tissues that is already made in jumbo rolls and do the process and packaging/print myself so this way I'll be able to lower down my cost per packet and thus offering a more competitive price to the advertisers.

I did some search on tissue manufacturing machine, I think I'll need is a packaging machine and as mention buy the tissues in jumbo rolls (check attachments)

To Bozo, thank you for the recommendation. I doubt by getting them doing the tissue manufacturing and packaging I'm able to keep my cost low and offer advertisers the competitive rate as needed but nonetheless I did send them an inquiry and see how their rate is...

To Sandi, thank you for your advice and concern. Yes I do lack knowledge in the field and I'm still trying to learn as much as possible. Sorry if my initial post of inquiry isn't as detail and specific for your understanding.

To Phil, Yeah actually I did read http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthre...ighlight=japan sometime ago when I started researching. I'll most likely have the ads printed on the exterior of the pocket tissues rather than on each sheet of tissues as the exposure for ads printed on the sheet of tissues is most likely to be minimal and unpratical.

I've already prepared my start up cost and don't intend to get any loans. But from the looks of it it won't be enough if I'm going to do this the ground up (manufacturing the tissue itself and doing the packaging), I'll most likely as mention to start somewhere in the middle and perhaps handle the packaging side only.

I hope to hear from you guys soon about this business venture.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DL-PTM-210.jpg (47.8 KB, 10 views)