SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 20, 2008, 07:30 PM
Administrator

Default Very good questions, let me try to give some answers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelRoss View Post
Gordon,

Thanks for keeping us Updated.

I have a question... since this Began we've known it was Harvey Brody. But now, suddenly it seems, it's Ben/Harvey. When did that happen? What difference is it going to make to the end Product - like is it now going to be marketed by SCI to the Masses? (I don't see SCI getting involved in something unless they will be marketing it far and wide)

Until necessary or IF necessary? Because UNTIL hints at being nothing more than a Deal Finder that will doing things Until a certain point and then hand the deal over.

Will this report be Actionable or be somewhat lacking so we have to buy the Super Deluxe Edition to get the Real Details?

And will the report contain Case Studies with certain details - such as the one I mentioned here where the guy gets an option on a product for $1,000 and then sells Areas for $25k a piece.

I ask because the word Initial hints at further Reports. And if so, that hints at the Initial Report also being lacking in some way. Are you able to elaborate on this or is this something for the Email Updates as the time draws nearer?

Michael Ross

You are right. We began as the Harvey Brody update, but what I didn't know...and had no need to know, was that Harvey and Ben are old friends...I didn't know they were in contact on a regular basis. Once I found that out...and we had separate projects on the board (primarily an update of 7 Steps to Freedom and the NPGS formula)...

I suggested we combine forces and tap into the geniuses of both Ben and Harvey and since they didn't have a problem with that...we evolved it that way. See, I was already doing some work for SCI on different things, and Harvey and I didn't connect the dots, so to speak.

Then, Harvey suggested we might want to include a few of his "friends" who also happen to be money making geniuses...and we will, but that is for down the road just a ways.

As for the difference it makes, I now have access to 35 years of marketing materials to draw from and it may take a couple of years and several "products" to introduce this stuff...so you are right again about this being the "initial" product. SCI has the ability to do all the back office stuff, as well as create and market anything we come up with...so it is a very good fit for what Harvey and I were already doing.

You are also right Michael about marketing to the masses...both Ben and Harvey would like to see their information in as many hands as they can get it into...so you'll see an "old world" progression with a twist...

the old way was to funnel customers in and then have back-ends. Since we already have lists of people willing and able to spend 100 thousand dollars for a seminar, we can do it a little differently...and still serve the entry level into business crowd also.

As for until or IF...it depends on the person. Take Jim Straw for example...we'd have no need to educate Jim on what an option contract would be or a royalty agreement...so a deal that Jim might put together to take advantage of our distribution systems...is going to be a lot different from those just starting out.

For a beginner, I want them to get their feet wet quickly...talking to people learning how to make contact, what to say, what NOT to say...and to do it in a way they don't get cut out of any deals. VERY IMPORTANT to Harvey Brody that he shines the light on the ways to insure you don't get put out.

Although, there are those who may prefer just a "finder's fee" arrangement, and others with product development and marketing experience who could structure a different sort of deal. I don't know of a one size that fits all.

My understanding that Harvey's update will be super actionable, and 7 Steps helped tons of people...but,

I'm dealing with 90 years of combined success in two very different business ways...I KNOW remote direct marketing...I'm LEARNING Toll Postion Profits...and Mr. Brody tells me that he is LEARNING TOO.

He said just the other day he knows more today than he did last week about his business...so my question would be does anyone you know sell a definitive this is all you need forever and ever product? In regards to making money and what not.

We have information that you could compare to a Ph.D. in marketing...and some of our employees teach at the University level...but to give that advanced information to a newbie would be wrong, they wouldn't "get" it...so the answer is...and this is MY answer:

Both Ben and Harvey (with his document) have already provided "actionable" information...I'm in contact with several people who have started the process based on the document...truth is Michael and you know this very well...

we could give them a 1000 page blueprint with every word they need to utter and still many (if not MOST) would choose to chase after the next thing...

WE will be providing useful, practical, actionable information to those that are already inclined to act. For many, unfortunately, it will join the books already up on the shelf.

Initial hints to me...that it is the BEGINNING. You read what you want into it, but when I say our initial product...that is what I mean...the one that begins. Say we develop a copywriting course...and we're certainly capable of doing that...but you or somebody else has NO interest in copywriting...

We could develop various "tracks"...but everything we do in the future is based upon the "initial" being the first, thing that we do.

MOST people here are not ready to fork over 100 grand for a seminar...but there are those that are. So beginner to CEO of a modest business...we have the goods to help them all.

I suspect there are people who are always going to feel that any "initial" report is "lacking" in some way or another. It only hints at it, if that is your mindset to start with.

Hope this helps a little

Gordon Jay Alexander