SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 26, 2008, 05:04 PM
Administrator

Default If you read nothing else this week...please read this.

Thanks for reading. I'm making this a sticky for a week or so. It is that important to me. And maybe to you. At least 8 out of 10 of you.

YOU may be one of the 2 that this does not apply to, fair enough?

Here's what I know about YOU.

YOU have untapped potential. YOU know it. YOU have frustration about KNOWING you know.

8 out of 10 of YOU reading this, KNOW in YOUR hearts, minds and souls that YOU have untapped, hidden, LATENT potential...a lot of stored energy inside of YOU.

A lot of good, even GREAT IDEAS. A lot of POTENTIAL YOU have.

8 out of 10 of YOU, have not yet figured out how to get YOUR potential OUT of YOU.

I am amazed at the quality of thinking here and other forums, at the KNOWLEDGE and EXPERIENCE many of YOU have...life experiences, business experiences, people you've met...

it is truly AMAZING. And...it is also frustrating to see so much human POTENTIAL to go unexploited. UNTAPPED. To lay latent, not being USED.

Feel free to offer up YOUR ideas on how the 8 of 10 can tap into their potential. I know a lot of YOU have ideas on this...here's mine:

I think and belive that the very best, the fastest and easiest way for YOU to get your POTENTIAL out of yourself...to overcome whatever the things are that have been holding you back...that have been working against you...

the very fastest way to let loose and reach the stratosphere...is by MEETING AND INTERACTING with OTHER people, especially the ones that would have an interest in

USING YOUR POTENTIAL.

Call it networking, or social interfacing, or whatever...but imagine a big hotel where you show up for a "meeting". It is NOT a seminar where today's favorite guru spoon feeds you his most guarded secrets.

It is NOT a place where tables are set up and marketer after marketer tries to sell you something.

It is NOT a place to pick up women, get drunk or high, or to "have a good time".

It IS a place where YOU can go and put a sign around your neck and say, "Here is my potential."

Whatever that is.

And you walk around the big room and you see other people with their potential on a sign around their necks.

And YOU meet these people who are interested in YOU, and their POTENTIAL is a good match with yours.

Online, we've seen the rise of the social networks, even business oriented meeting places, but I don't know of any that are purposeful in finding POTENTIAL and then arranging a mutally beneficial relationship.

And all this we are discussing, when all is said and done, it comes down to building a "mutally beneficial relationship" with another person or entity.

I ask you for one week, to try this. Write on a piece of paper what you think YOUR POTENTIAL is.

Are you a person with IDEAS? Do you know you can help other people with your knowledge and experience? What is hiding, laying dormant inside of you...that OTHER PEOPLE could benefit from?

Give this thought your attention this week, the thought that YOU have POTENTIAL...and YOU know it. What you don't know is how to get it out of you and put it to work for you and for OTHERS.

If YOU have any other ideas on how to help other people RELEASE their potential, please speak up. OK?

Gordon Jay Alexander

Now an unstuck thread.

Last edited by GordonJ : February 1, 2008 at 09:12 AM.