SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > Original SOWPub Forum Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 14, 2003, 04:11 AM
Anurag Chopra

Default Magazines@Doorsteps

My name is Anurag Chopra and I am from Chandigarh, India

Here is some info which may be of help to somebody you know to start a small business (with good potential and can be established in a short time)

Well, I started this unique business idea (DoorSteps- Add-on to my existing software one http://www.iicpl.net ) in June 2002 and getting good returns.Here is a brief insight to what i do:

MAGAZINES AT DOORSTEPS

Would it be value for your money if 15 magazines of your choice were delivered every month at your DOORSTEPS for Rs 199 only? (approx $4 a month)

The Doorsteps idea came forth to offer reading material at a nominal price.

From list of 65 magazines the readers have the option of selecting the family favorites. In the deal the father gets the news and business magazines, and mommy gets her home stuff and the young children their career and life style numbers. Basically I am a voracious reader and would often be at odds with my wallet. Spending a grand per month on magazines didn’t make sense. That’s what set me thinking and we(with my partner) rolled out with a software programme that takes care of the logistical monstrosity of managing the circulation of 65 magazines(only Indian publications) over let us say a few hundred subscribers.

Doorsteps launched in Panchkula,India primarily because I lived there and of course one needed to test waters. After the success in Panchkula, Doorsteps was launched in Chandigarh and soon we will be starting in Mohali. Our smart delivery boys turn up at the subscriber’s house every alternate day to pick up the old issue and deliver a new one. And as of today we have over 600 active subscribers and making over $ 1000 per month from this business alone.

We are called Doorsteps, The Home Solutions People because there are tremendous possibilities with a service like this. But we shall discuss those when we come with more add on ideas for similar services.

For now Doorsteps is all about delivering magazines at doorsteps in Chandigarh for a small consideration of Rs 199 per month only.

Regards

Anurag