SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > Original SOWPub Forum Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 15, 2003, 09:39 PM
Anonymous

Default Chase your passion and you'll find success - right? Well then...

...I need some serious advice from everyone in regard to this board and the wisdom imparted here on a regular basis: "find a passion first, and the rest comes naturally - find what you TRULY love to do... and you'll be able to make money from that vantage point" ...right? I mean - isn't that what we've all read here (and everywhere else) time and again? And isn't it true? I believe so - but in regard to myself I've been trying to figure a way to do this without becoming:

1/ A sleaze merchant
2/ A p*rn site operator
3/ A pimp
4/ a myriad of the many things that fall into one of the above (or other unsavory categories).

I'm not being facetious, so bear with me please... My passion, the one thing that makes me yearn for nothing more - like many red-blooded American males (if you haven't guessed already) is quite simple:

Beautiful Women.

Yeah... I'm being honest. Probably more honest than most guys are when they hear that "follow your passion" advice. It's gotta' be the first thing any guy under the age of 40 immediately wants to blurt out - but can't for fear of being labeled a "horn dog" or hound of some sort.

Okay - enough on explanations of the obvious ... let me get on with this...

Like I mentioned at the start, I don't want to run a magazine - the marketplace is too crowded - I don't want to deal in p*rn sites, or deal with Models of any sort (those women are the embodiement of evil) ...I don't want to run a topless bar... I don't want to deal in the sleaze trade ... and seriously - who wants to photograph what you can't get your mits on? All those silly magazines (Maxim, FHM, etc.etc.) are vile. On top of that - it's all fantasy (I refer back to the "you can't get your mits on" 'em statement - so why bother with it? Who wants to just "look"? Conversely - I'm not talking about possessions either... I might be a perv, but I'm a benign one).

I don't mean to sound off on all the things I don't want to do - it makes it appear that I'm directionless or working in reverse ... but actually it's really quite the opposite - I've simply run into a brick wall - and have never quite found a way around it.

Opinions please (for those of you not too embarrassed to comment - hey just do what I'm doing and list yourself as "anonymous").

Lastly, if I've offended the sensibilities of any women out there, I humbly apologize ... and if I've offended any guys - hey, stop being hypocritical... I'm saying what you've always been thinking.