SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > Original SOWPub Forum Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 18, 2003, 08:09 PM
Steve Shulenski

Default Re: They Risk & Sacrifice & Other Catastrophes

> Steve:

> I like your thinking... what is forced upon
> them by their situation becomes habit.

> Let me ask... what are they sacraficing? And
> why are they being forced to?

> Michael Ross

Sure Mike,

They sacrifice comfort and luxuries. Eating in a nice restaurant is a very comfortable thing to do.

If all you earn is minimum wage would you be able to blow $30 on one luxury meal or would you be forced by necessity to make ten brown bag meals with the $30?

So yes they may have to self discipline themselves to eat no chocolate at least for a time so one day they won't have to sacrifice the chocolate.

Hunger is a great motivator and motivation is an advantage because it inspires you to take the actions or steps to success.

How hungry are you for success?

Enough to do what most people won't?

The rich get rich because they are motivated to do the simple things many won't.

They practice spending less than they earn and invest so they will have money work for them.

The poor work for money and if all they do is spend every dime they will stay poor. That doesn't make them complete failures. It's just a bad habit that can be changed for most of us IF you are hungry enough to move out of your comfort zone and grow.

Years ago in the USA new immigrants fresh off the boat were called Greenbacks or Greenies. They came seeking the almighty green Dollar but they where also green and growing because when a Migrant first arrives in a new country he or she is forced into operating outside of his or her comfort zone. That is if they want to continue to eat. So they are forced into realizing that they had better do whatever they can to save up for a rainy day. That takes self discipline because nobody else is going to do it for them.

The rich understand and practice this self discipline and most people will one day wake up and realize that they too need to practice this. But it may be to late to save up for a rainy day when you are no longer able to work for money.

Better to have money work for you.

Does money make you successful?

That I guess depends on what success means to you.

So, please tell me Michael...

Am I right or am I wrong or somewhere in between?

Steve Ski

http://www.scienceofgettingrich.net