SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > Original SOWPub Forum Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 17, 2003, 06:07 PM
Michael Ross (Aust, Qld)

Default Hello? Is everyone paying attention? Watch the "old" master...

> I'm making a few thousand
> extra dollars each week in affiliate
> commissions.

> I am planning to write a report on
> "how" I succeeded as an affiliate
> marketer - but - I need to know ...

> What do YOU want to know about being an
> affiliate marketer?

> ASK me the questions about affiliate
> marketing that you want to know, so I can
> answer them in my report.

Here's ol' Jim. See him make thousands of dollars from affiliate commissions. See how he knows how to do it.

Now watch him.

Before writing about how to do it - and trying to second guess what it actually is people want to know - he is ASKing what we want to know about making money with affiliate sales. He is tailoring the product to fit the market.

This should set Jim's report apart from every other affiliate report out there.

ASK him your questions. The report is sure to be good.

Question: As a new person to affiliate selling - and selling on the internet in general - I have no existing customers I can email an offer to. Can I still make money as an affiliate without an existing list of customers? If so, how? Please show examples.

Question: As a person with a product I would like to have affiliates sell, how do I get affiliates? Is there anything I should do before getting affiliates? If so, what? Please show examples.

Question: How do you find products to offer to your list? Step by step details please.

Question: If the product I find does not already have an affiliate program in place, can I still sell it? If so, how do I go about it. Step by step details please.

Question: I have heard many comments about "the big guys" not wanting to bother with anything that does not offer at least $40 in affiliate commission per sale. At 50% commission, that makes the product around the $80 mark. Do I have to follow that at least $40 per commission sale rule or can I sell lower priced items - $20 for example - and still do okay? What is the reasoning behind your answer. Please show examples.

Question: Every man and his dog is selling reports on "How to make money on the internet." I have even heard that there are more people selling "how to make money online" information than there are people making money online. I see a lot of these affiliate promoted products are to do with making money online. I don't want to be just another person selling a "how to make money online" product. Please show by way opf step by step example, how to become a successful affiliate who sells products not related to making money online.

And finally: Please include a step by step action plan. Something I can follow and tick off each item as done - in the correct order needed. Such as...

Step 1: Got to www.suchandsuch.com and get such and such email software and install it. This will be the software you use to mail to your list.

Step 2: Decide what market you want to sell to.

Step 3: Decide what income goal you want.

Step 4: Go for a walk and then come home and play a marathon game of monopoly with your neighbor. Loser buys the winner a lottery ticket.

And so on. You get the idea. Something a real dummy can follow and still end up with something viable. As if you were exaplaing it to a five year old. Or leaving instructions for a new employee to follow.

Some of the other items I would like to see covered include - autoresponders, getting other people to write your ads (if necesary), webpage creation (hired webdesigner or other method), payment processors for your own affiliate program, the possibility of doing JVs and sourcing products for those JVs.

I'm basically thinking two books in one.

One book - or section of the book - for total newbies. A take by the hand type book. Within nothing left out.

The other book - or section of the book - for the more experienced affiliate marketer or person with a product they wish affiliates to sell.

Thus, as the newbie gains more experience the second section of the book will then apply to them.

And all done in a step by step way. With a tick-off checklist thing that can be printed and used.

Hope that helps a bit.

Michael Ross

Want to subscribe to The Great Ideas Letter