SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > Original SOWPub Forum Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Poll: fvDVFRymAnnSIx
Poll Options
fvDVFRymAnnSIx

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 24, 2003, 08:18 PM
Dien Rice

Default A smart idea...

Hi Daniel,

That's Lynn Terry's "About Me" page on eBay. She has posted here before.

Here's a link to it for those who haven't seen it yet....

To my understanding, you can link to whatever you like from your "About Me" page on eBay. Unless they've brought in some new rules, you can link to your other web page(s) as well if you like!

You are NOT allowed to link to your other web pages outside of eBay from within your auction listings - unless it is needed to explain or describe the item in some way. But you ARE allowed to link to your "About Me" page on eBay from within your auctions.

So what some people do is, within their auctions, encourage people who see their item for sale to go to their "About Me" page. From there, they can also try to sell anything else they may have for sale, or get them to subscribe to their newsletter or ezine, that kind of thing!

Lynn's "About Me" page is the most comprehensive one I've seen! As long as eBay allows it, what she's doing is quite smart.

Usually on eBay, if people don't buy your item you've listed, in a sense their visit is "wasted". By directing them to your "About Me" page and promoting other items, you can make money even from those who don't end up winning your auction.

Pretty smart, huh? :)

- Dien

ALL of the information on the market about achieving goals - is missing one vital element!