SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 28, 2008, 10:09 PM
gkeehner

Default Re: Creating a great headline

Wow! My head is spinning now! I understand the idea of searching for my competition, checking out their sites, adwords and using quotes when searching, but your insight on the way men and women look at a product differently, Gordon, is something that I really need to look into and I thank you for sharing.

You asked me what I thought about my headline and to be honest, I thought it was pretty good. After reading your post I think I should consider who I am trying to "attract" to my site.

Michael, I understand where you are coming from. I am still reading and trying to figure things out and put together my own philosophy as to how things work. I do believe that nobody is going to attain any kind of success in life, whatever that may be, by sitting around chanting affirmations all day. You have to take action.

The book that I am attempting to promote was very good in my opinion. Yes, there is definetly some things in it that you would not agree with, but there is also some information that I found fascinating. I have even found this information talked about in books by people who have no connection with the new age, new thought, metaphysical crowd.

Anyway, that was a bit off topic and I was not trying to defend my position or anything. I just think the book has some information that could possibly shed some light on things for people and maybe even help them. I read a ton of books in any given year and nine times out of ten I can find at least one thing in a book that has made it worth while reading.

Thanks for your input guys. I really appreciate it. There is a bunch of things for a newbie to think about when trying his or her hand at this biz.