SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > Original SOWPub Forum Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Poll: THjmX
Poll Options
THjmX

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 6, 2000, 02:59 PM
Michael Ross

Default From The Depths Of Deepness He Comes To Answer THE CHALLENGE

The challenge, as been raised again further down the board, has a couple of purposes.

First, it's designed to get you to think. WHAT IF you really were in that position? HOW would you really get by? If you can't answer the challenge, you aren't covering all your downsides. And one day you may find yourself asking for a government handout.

Second, to help you identify weaknesses/strenths about yourself. If you can't answer the challenge, you'll see the areas you're weak in and which need to be improved. You'll also see where your strengths are.

Third, to help you identify potential income streams you may not have realised existed.

I believe, the very first thing to do, with regards to my challenge, is to TAKE STOCK OF YOURSELF.

To me, this involves writing out a list of everything that's available to me and subcatagorising the list. I'd have subeheads such as,

Resources

Knowledge

Skills

Contacts

Etc.

And under each subhead a small list of items.

Under Resources I place items such as the Yellow Pages, Library, Internet Access, Telephone, Mobile phone, Computer, Printer, Number of reams of paper, Mic, Tape Deck/s, Lawnmower (if you've actually got one, unlike me), boks you may have and so on and so forth. Making sure to be as detailed as possible as you never know what item, which you may have thought nothing of, is of the most value to you.

Under Knowledge I place the knowledge you have. This is obviously a very personal thing and would include things such as, Search Engine knowledge, wher to find certain products at wholesale or below, Marketing type knowledge and so on. Again be as detailed as possible.

Under skills goes all the things you can do. Type X words per minute, program a VCR, operate a camcorder, computer, software skills, etc., etc.

Under contacts go all your contacts and what they relate to.

Place this list in columns. Maybe even with such a font size it all fits on one side of a piece of paper. And looks at it. Asking yourself, "How can I used this list to make money?"

After all is said and done, you should be able to indentify quite a few ways of making money. Many of them may involve hands-on type stuff, such as mowing lawns. Others won't. Only YOU can answer the challenge for yourself.

Also, the idea is not to try and only come up with something that makes $4,000 a week. Stay smaller, for the moment. Whatever you come up with can always grow to bring in more money. Remember, you've got to get money coming in first. Money which you can use to make more money.

If you can't figure a way to make money from your list you know you have a problem and can see what you you need to improve on.

If you can see ways to make money, why not give a few a go. Start them small and part time if you like. You may find these extra little sources of income are handy and could even grow.

Anyway. That the first thing *I* would do.

Michael Ross.