SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 21, 2008, 10:37 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Default I'm constantly fighting "The Battle of the Bulge(ing waistline)"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankesh View Post
Hello SowPubbers,

I'm working on filling a new website with a lot of good useful content. The new website is on Anti Aging. Living Long & Looking Young.

Could you help me out and let me know what would you like to know about health and anti aging?

What would you love to see on an anti aging website?
Hi Ankesh,

I know I'm one of many billions of people fighting the "battle of the bulging waistline"...

Though I'm better than I was a few years ago. Probably because I do exercise regularly now (mainly by walking every day), and I think I'm eating more healthily too...

Of course, this is a huge area, targeted by lots of people...

I AM very interested in longevity, though I'm not "hardcore". I know there's a recent book out on so-called "Blue Zones" - investigating those areas where people regularly live long lifespans, and what they do (though I don't have a copy, and haven't read it). This is a topic I'm interested in, though I don't pursue it actively, however I have read the odd book or article...

From what I've read of it, it sounds like the "Blue Zones" book is NOT comprehensive... While he's included Okinawa, he's missed out the Caucasus mountains (such as Abkhazia and Georgia), for example, where people often live long lives... There are also reports of longevity of people living in the Himalayas (the people of the Hunza Valley for example), that the book I think doesn't include...

I do have one friend (though I've lost touch with him, I must make an effort to get back in touch, though he changed his cell phone no. which makes it difficult) who's into this longevity stuff "hard core"... He has plenty of books on this topic (and other "alternative health" topics too)...

To me, the diet and practices of places in the world that produce a lot of people who live to be 100 years old or more is fascinating...

And yes, I do incorporate some of these things into my own diet...

(Well, with the exception of calorie-restriction! That one's a tough one... And it contradicts all the research that says eating chocolate is good for me... )

Cheers,

Dien