SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 23, 2008, 11:20 AM
Administrator

Default Forget the Recession, it’s a DEPRESSION coming our way.

Today is Monday June 23, 2008. A year from now you can return to ridicule, scorn and laugh at me, fair enough? If I’m wrong, then I’ll eat crow, humble pie and my hat. If I’m right, it really won’t matter.

You are free to post your rebuttals.

I’ve crossed to the dark side, I’m no longer readiness and preparedness, now, I’m strictly doom and gloom. Here’s why:

We have just witnessed another failure of the Army Corps of Engineers, although, it is really not their fault. They have been UNDER funded and undermanned for the last decade and congress and the President haven’t done much to assist them.

The levees along the Mississippi are the responsibility of the Corps. There is talk about the great flood of 1993 and many residents along the Big Muddy will tell you, there has been a lot of talk about reinforcing the levees, and very little action.

Perhaps in a year the NEW President will have gotten things working again, and all is well and happy days are here again. Be sure to post and tell me how insane I was (today) a year ago.

In the report, The Winds of Change (www.incomeandhappiness.com ) I did mention the infrastructure of the USA being rusty and in need of repair, and it is only going to get worse. Just wait til later this summer when you witness how decrepit our electric grid infrastructure really is. Anyhow, the main reason for my conversion to the doom and gloom side is this:

Armed THUGS are about to get organized.

OH, they are already, but they have remained local, in a specific area, and they are known as gangs.

One amazing fact is that Blackwater hasn’t had any problems finding tens of thousands of skilled mercenaries to do the chores of the military, in Iraq and also in hidden cadres throughout America. But in the gangs;

there are now Army trained men coming home that know and understand how a small group of 12 men can take out a village.

Consider 100 heavily armed gangsters, organized in platoons raiding a gated community in S. FL or S. CA or even in here in Ohio. They know how to take out the first responders, they have seen and participated in covert ops, and can simply overwhelm a small community of wealthy families.

They know how to keep the National Guard busy, how to overwhelm the fire and police forces, and they could be building "camps" and sanctuaries across the country.

Is this one reason George W. has Blackwater "troops" embedded in cities throughout the country? Or does he?

IF you don’t belong to a food coop, you should start one.
IF you don’t have some emergency juice, an electric generator with the fuel to power it, you should get one.

Oh, I know. This sounds like something out of a Mad Max movie.

Yet, you will see so much happen in the next year, and you will witness an organized "poor" class that has historically toppled nation after nation, rise up in the streets of America.

When the people get hungry, when the rich and aristocracy HAVE, when the have-NOTS get leadership, and IF that leadership comes from GANGS, there will be blood in the streets of America.

You will see Martial Law again come along with the tanks to the cities of the USA, but will the US have the manpower to cope with domestic violence?

I do hope I’m wrong.

Gordon J. Alexander

Last edited by GordonJ : June 23, 2008 at 03:29 PM.