SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 14, 2008, 10:33 PM
Adman

Default Re: Tape vs Digital Camcorders

Hey Rod....AWESOME!

Thanks for the input.

Now...I'll "give something back".

I've been a "Go" guy for over 30 yrs. I get an idea to start a biz....I research as much as I can about it and....I STEP OUT AND DO IT! Knowing that I have a 50-50 chance of making it or not making it.

Well...fortunately, Ive had more make it than didn't.

My very first "Biz-Op" had to do with offering a "PRE-View Video" for my Biz-Op, for which I charged a "Refundable, $20 Deposit".

This was a TAPE Video where I found a company that would make 100 (60 min) Tapes for $200. This was way back in 1985 when Video was just coming alive.

My "FREE Preview Video" (for which those interested had to send me $20) showed little ol' ME holding and demonstrating the product I was selling.

Now...the BIG DIFFERENCE in using Video to show prospects your product or program is; They can SEE IT and NOT COPY IT!

SEEING IS BELIEVING!

There's NO QUESTION the product exists. This is compared to showing your product in an email or ebook or fax or Printed sheets or even on a website...WHERE YOUR PRODUCT CAN BE EASILY COPIED!

So...I started getting requests for my "FREE Preview Video" for which they had to pay a "Refundable Deposit of $20".

They watched the Video and either bought my "Back-End" program or they didn't. About 20% BOUGHT my Back-Ender that I was showing on the FREE Preview Video. Only about 1 out of 100 asked for a refund of my "FREE Preview Video" for which they had paid a Refundable Deposit of $20.

Now....fast forward to 2008. We have YouTube and 5 or 6 other sites we can place our "PREVIEW VIDEOS"...where people can watch the video and see us giving a sales pitch for our "Back-End" product or program AND...IT'S ALL FREE!

Plus...you don't even have to take up space on your hard drive or server, let the FREE VIDEO sites host your Videos. No making up Physical Videos. No Mailing fees. No Nothing. Just upload and pick a good Title GRABBER and you'll get viewers. Awesome.

Only ONE problemo;
When people sent me $20 for my FREE Preview Videos...they were VERY QUALIFIED as to being INTERESTED in MY PROGRAM or PRODUCT!

Placing a Video on You Tube doesn't qulify people....the 3 good things about it is:
1) It's FAST to get a Video on YouTube
2) It's FREE
3) It could attract THOUSANDS of prospects

So...ya put yer money down and ya take yer chances. And...Video is the way to go.

So...that's where I'm headed. Thanks for the input.

Don Alm