SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 18, 2008, 04:48 PM
MichaelRoss

Default Harden Up

Dien,

Thanks for wanting to please everyone.

Let me let you in on something...

Sshhh... listen. Are you listening. Just a tad closer. Right?

Ok... psst... you cannot please everyone.

Sandi doesn't like ads with guns on them or something. Why? Probably thinks they Kill or some such. Not that I've ever seen a firearm jump up off the ground by itself and go after someone, mind you. But who knows in the USA.

Here's what else kills people - or I should say, people perish as a result of... Cars. Yep. Better ban ads for those Killers.

And while you're at it... ban all religious ads of any persuasion. All political ads too. All ads for cleaning products as I find them offensive. All Biz Op ads need to go because some people find them tempting and go into debt to acquire them - debt they cannot really afford (you don't want to be a part of sending someone bankrupt do you?). Oh... better also ban all ads for any kinds of foods - people might get fat. Ban health item ads as well because they haven't been Approved by a bunch of normal everyday people sitting in an office cubical who call themselves the FDA.

Ban soft drink ads too. Everyone knows - without actually knowing of course - that Coke rots your gut. And the sugar is bad for teeth - and the Nutrasweet bad for everything else.

Ban all ads for computer stuff. Stop encouraging people to sit in front of the screen for long periods. They'll get thrombosis, don't you know.

Ban ads for Lego and other similar toys with small bits. Children could swallow them, or be poisoned by Chinese lead. OMG. For the children, Dien. For the children. Do it for them, pleeaaaase.

Of course, banning sex ads and Personals Ads goes without saying.

Shampoo ads. Tampon - ahem, feminine hygiene - ads have to go too. So do Condom ads. Even Brill cream ads. Remove them.

I don't use Brill cream. But that doesn't matter. I don't like it being advertised to me - not that is has, but just in case, fair enough?

Get rid of the Google ads too. One of them right now is for Chocolate Truffles - encouraging people to consume candy adds to the diabetes problem, right? Get rid of Google Ads ASAP!!!

Ban ads offering DHMO - dihydrogen monoxide. Don't you know how many people died from that each year? Why just last year 110 people died in New Zealand alone from DHMO ingestion. Even in New York under supervisions DHMO ingestion resulted in 159 deaths between 1987 and 2007. Besides baning ads offering DHMO, public warnings should be posted about this substance so people can avoid it at all costs.

Sarcasm off /

Ok first. DHMO is water. Ok. You know... dihydrogen = H2 and monoxied = O. H2O. So don't get all flustered about it.

The rest. Dien, you cannot please everyone And if you try you will turn yourself into a pretzel. The board will end up like that Xmas Show from Southpark - where they were all walking around the stage in random patterns while wearing unisex white jumpsuits - so as not to Offend anyone.

Sandi complains about everything it seems. If it's not an Internet Marketer, it's a product they recommended, or something they said in an email, or whatever. It must be a slow week for Sandi with internet marketing emails to complain about, so she complains about a banner ad you have.

Sheesh...

Michael Ross

BTW, just for your reading pleasure here's a bunch of links to guns and knives and stuff.... Enjoy

www.ruger-firearms.com
www.remington.com
www.smith-wesson.com
www.tikka.fi
www.browning.com
www.hideawayknife.com
www.emersonknives.com

www.kurtsaxon.com
www.garynorth.com
www.mises.org
www.lewrockwell.com

Last edited by MichaelRoss : July 18, 2008 at 05:18 PM.