SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 26, 2008, 12:23 AM
MichaelRoss

Default Save the Economy. Build Infrastructure

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post
And as for DIRE, next time you come to the States, look at the bridges (drive under them real fast, just in case)...our highways, our levees, and our underground 100 year old (in some cases) water lines, sewer lines and gas lines.

Cities are already going broke, let's watch Houston for awhile.

Is it DIRE here in the States? I don't think so. But, I also add...YET.

We'll see DIRE in 2009, within 120 days of the inaguration. Hope I'm wrong.

Back before the last election in 2004 when I wrote/suggested that maybe the Dems should be Allowed to win - because - I saw the Housing Crash coming, and thus they'd be Out and the GOP would then probably get another 2 terms as a result of backlash. I miscalculated. The cover up.

A while back you asked what we saw around us. And I said I saw a Boom.

What I saw is a clue to Where money should go Instead of Wall Street...

INFRASTRUCTURE!

Want the economy to surge?

Spend the $700B on infrastructure. On new infrastructure. And on Fixing the aged existing infrastructure.

THAT is Where Economic salvation lays. For not only will that Avert future problems when those items Fail, it will Circulate the money in the economy by way of Jobs, etc. And the economy will flourish.

$700B spent on Infrastructure will do more good, than bailing out a dying part of wall street. Of course, whether the Bailout is really about what it is Claimed to be about is another question entirely.

Let's face it... infrastructure investment has Proven to be a Boost to any/all economies when it is applied. While money thrown into a stockmarket to Change Its Direction has only ever ended in disaster as the market doesn't change and the money is gone with nothing to show for it - regardless of the amount of money.

And also let's understand... the Stock Price of a company doesn't mean the company whose stock it is, is in trouble. Coke prices might fall. But that won't stop people buying Coke, for example.

If people understood those two things... or the media talked about them... it'd be harder for the Hobgoblins to be used by the Pres.

If Obama wins, then he will inherit a disaster from Bush who inherited the writing on the wall from Clinton who inherited...

Michael