SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 12, 2009, 04:44 PM

Default WEB 2.0- *Big RED Nose Ezine* -PHONE Sale Case Study

Hi,

Thanks for raising the topic of Sales.

Anybody interested in the Anatomy of a 2.0 Sale?

Here's a FRUSTRATING Sale:

STEP I - Entertaining and Wacky ideas in my Ezine - get prospects to call. Or email. Then I call Them.

Here's how it works.

A - Got a phone call from Hawaii yesterday. Bill had read an Ezine and wanted More ideas on how to keep his job. (Too soon to report results)

B - A customer in Dubai called to Applaud a BIG RED NOSE Ezine about Getting Appointments. And asked for ideas on how to reach the owner of a chain of Crystal Sculpture Stores. (Called an hr ago)

==================

C - 30 DAYS AGO - A Radio Talk show contact in Florida - ordered my "How to Make $ From Home Reading Books" Book off Ebay.

Then called me. He talked about wanting to lose 100 pounds.

#1 - And said, "NO." When I guaranteed he'd Lose Wgt eating the Special "HEALTHY CHOCOLATE" we use as a referral system.

He asked for a sample. I sent him a Tupperware container.

#2 - He said, "NO." I called him. He said, "Too Expensive." And had the nerve to refer me to a chocolate site where the cost was more than TWICE as high. 15 pieces for 30.00

#3 - "NO" After I sent him my 78 Page "Munny Making Chocolate" book.

#4 - "NO" - I called him with the #3 Chocolate Distr on the phone.

#5 - "NO" - I called to Thank him for an idea he gave me. Told him a funny chocolate sales story. He said, "No thanks."

#6 - I called him 2 more times to Report Pain Relief, Wgt Loss and Sugar Diabetes folks needing less Insulin after eating the chocolate. He said, "NO."

#7 - I called him with a Warped Munny angle one of my readers was using. And he told me he was scheduled for a Stomach Banding Operation. To lose Wgt. I asked him to Try Healthy Chocolate 1st. (You guessed it. "NO"

#8 - While on the phone with a marketing client - he told me 2 horrific Stomach banding and Stomach stapling stories AND that he himself at 5 ft 8 inches - used to weight 240. But had lost 52 pounds.

I asked permission to 3-way call them together.

"YES" - The horror stories did the trick and I sold 2 boxes to the guy. With a promise to eat "Healthy Chocolate" steadily up until the operation date 8 weeks hence.

WHEW.

Sales Stats show that 50% of all sales don't happen until after 14 contacts or more. I'd say that if you counted Emails - we were around 14 contacts.

Since 99% of the folks who order Chocolate from me ALSO begin to order some of the other products or services on my archives site...

I sometimes PACK Lots of Contacts into a short Space of time - combine, email, snail mail, Voice mail and Live contact - to get to the MAGIC # 14 Faster.

Thanks,
Glenn

P.S. - "Here's a link to where this sale STARTS - "How To Make $ From Home Reading Books" book...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=120376155734