SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 12, 2009, 12:17 AM
Adman

Default Re: Magnetic Memo Board Ad business

This was one of the projects in my "Midas Reports"...."50 Ways To Make $50,000 Starting with $50!"...I put together, some years ago.

Check the "archives" of THIS Forum...back in 2002!...where I described how it works and how I got the IDEA ...when the first "Magnetic Sheets" started being sold in Office Supply stores.

The Top had "Important Numbers"....the next section had "Secret Info"...the bottom section had 4 Columns with 5 Rows...so I could fit 20 advertisers in a rectangular space with their Logos and Contact Info.

I created these on my pc and printed them out....one-by-one on my inkjet (these Magnetic Sheets CANNOT be printed on any presses that have HEAT...like "Laser Printers") I then Mailed them to Home Buyers each month.

This was a GOOD Money-Maker for me (I was mailing 100 a month to new home buyers. Got $150 per Month from each advertiser)

HOWEVER....I took the SAME, 8 1/2 by 11 Magnetic Sheet and placed a Photo of a Car Buyer on it...along with the Car Dealers Logo and Contact Info...and a Special Type of Calendar...and mailed these to New Car Buyers.

The New Car Buyers (because of their EGO) would place these ON THEIR FRIDGES...where everyone entering the kitchen would see....bringing "Referral Business" to the Car Dealers.

The Car Dealers would take the photos of their New Car Buyers, at Time of Delivery of the vehicles. Someone at the dealership would take the photos and email them to me....and I would place the photos on the Mag Sheet.

I started off charging $19.95 ea....then added something else to bring the Value UP to where I could charge $29 each.

My average Car Dealer account, in those days was selling 80 vehicles a month. $2,000 a Month from each Dealer was a NICE chunk of change. However, the "Car Biz" slowed down to a snail's pace and I went on to other things HOWEVER....3 guys I taught this biz to....chose to bring their prices down to $14.95 per car and they are STILL doing biz with their Dealers, to this day.

If you'd like to see a Sample of these "Car Dealer Magnets"...OR my "Magnetic Memo Boards" for Home Owners....OR....a smaller unit I made for a guy who lost his job and was about to lose his house....who got $395 to be on 1,000 Magnetic Sheets, from 38 Sponsors ($15,010)...simply by going "Door-To-Door" in the retail section of town....I'd be glad to email to you if you'll send me your email to "[email protected]"

In fact...because of the UNemployment situation now...I'm going to put a bunch of my projects onto VIDEOS...showing people how they can earn money with Simple Projects.

Don Alm...Idea-Guy