SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 25, 2009, 11:01 AM
Administrator

Default Here is a tool you can use.

I've posted a copy of my PictoGrigm of Persuasion for you to copy and use.

http://www.angelfire.com/biz/gjbiz/Persuasion.html

I'll give an overview explanation on HOW to use it later this evening. I'm sure most of you know how to use "ctrl +" or "ctrl-" to make the pic larger or smaller, but in case you didn't know, you do now.

Be sure to read the next issue of the SeedZine for some important information.

OK. The SeedZine was sent out. The topic is DEAL Making. In the SeedZine I discuss TIME and how people like Bill Gates, Donald Trump or Harvey Brody have the same 24 hours in their day as the guy who is desperate after losing his job and is ready to do ANYTHING to put bread on the table.

It is how you USE your money making time that determines your financial condition.

And for me, the PERFECT business is one that allows you to make the maximum amount of money CONTINUOUSLY with the least amount of TIME and personal involvement. The "ideal" money maker in my mind is the SET IT and FORGET IT type. Or as we here at SowPub like to say, a TOLL POSITION business.

A toll position allows you to stand in between the DEMAND for a product/service and the SUPPLY. In the Harvey Brody model you act as if you are the supply, using sub-contractors to actually produce and ship the product or provide the service.

The path that leads to a TOLL POSITION is a DEAL. And deal making is the ultimate business skill, yet, the process for making a deal is the same as cutting a deal for cleaning parking lots.

It is a one to one thing...the one could be a corporation with a committee of decision makers, but the process is that you cut a deal with Him, Her, It.

And the BASIC Pictogrigm of Persuasion shows you what is involved in the deal, although the one I've linked to is specific to Copywriters, the process is the same. So let's take a closer look at it shall we.

When you go to http://www.angelfire.com/biz/gjbiz/Persuasion.html you want to use ctrl- (minus) to shrink the image to a size where you can see the whole thing. You don't need to be able to read it for this first part. After we cover these basics, then you can use ctrl+ to enlarge the pic so you can read it and scroll to the parts that I discuss.

What you see are TWO people (or entities-like a corporation or business). YOU are on the left hand side.

THEY or HE, SHE, IT is on the right hand side. There is a veil, a CURTAIN between the two of you. For the sake of simplicity, let's call the right side...HE.

HE doesn't know you exist. He is unaware of you and what you have to offer him. HE is in his own little world preoccupied with his own life. HE is going down his own little track, totally oblivious to you and anything you may have that could help him get more out of life.

The INTENT, from your perspective is to have a TRANSFER of MONEY from his hand to yours. Can you see how the money flows from his hand to yours? You must use your KNOWLEDGE of the process, of human behavior, of persuasion to MAKE this transaction happen. It does NOT happen by itself.

On the left side, you have KNOWLEDGE of the process. In sales it is often expressed as AIDCAS, as shown on the PoP. YOU have KNOWLEDGE of your prospect and you know what is on his mind. You must then construct the Intersection.

In remote direct marketing this is where the copwriter comes in and she will create a PROMOTION for the MEDIA, and it could be print (newspapers, magazines), Internet, radio and TV...and she will put her promotion on the TARGET's TRACK and let him simply run into it.

In face-to-face situations this is handled a "pitch" or your "elevator speech" or just some old fashioned salesmanship as seen by the Elmer Wheeler points on the PoP.

The DEAL is struck at the INTERSECTION. It is where your knowledge meets their desires.

So, for now, I'll summarize. IF you want to make better deals, then you must elevate your thinking by stating a clearly defined INTENT of giving value to the right side. The more value you give, the more money you get.

And the process for making a deal is the same whether you are trying to get a 10 dollar an hour hard labor job or if you are trying to put together a 5,000 a month deal that pays continuously.

But at the end of the day, and when the DEAL is struck, you still only have the same 24 hours in the day. The hard working day laborer must repeat his work and is totally dependenct on his ability to perform the task day after day. The hard working day laborer is easily replaced and there is a long line waiting for him to fall ill or drop dead and are willing to fill his TIME slot for their daily bread.

At the other end, the people ready, willing and able to take the place of a great DEAL maker are as rare as hen's teeth, but, for the few with elevated thinking, there is no limit to what can be done or how much money can be made through a properly structured deal.

I advise you to copy the PoP in your own handwriting and create your own TOOL based upon your knowledge and where you want to go.

I'll be glad to answer any questions you may have regarding the PictoGrigm of Persuasion.

Gordon Jay Alexander

Last edited by GordonJ : May 25, 2009 at 10:55 PM.