SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 18, 2009, 08:39 PM
Adman

Default Re: Business card ideas?

On a "Dare" I showed 2 people how "easy" it is to make money SELLING "Photo" Business Cards and get....$129 + $30 one-time setup ($60 if I take the Photos...$189)
Re-orders are $129. They cost me $19 per M....shipped to my door.

Back in March there was a "Home & Garden" show at our local Fairgrounds. I went to the 200 or so Vendor Booths of LOCAL businesses and picked up their Brochures, Flyers AND Business Cards.

Something that astounded me was the fact that ALL their Flyers and Brochures were in beautiful FULL COLOR....BUT....most of their business cards were PLAIN...maybe in a colored ink but basically PLAIN JANE.

So....I took their brochures or flyers and Scanned in 4 PHOTOS.

Using MSPublisher, I divided a business card size (3.5 wide by 2 high) into 2 Panels.....1/3rd on the right and 2/3rds on the left.

In the 2/3rds on the left I placed FOUR (4) PHOTOS from their color materials and placed their Logos & Contact Info in the right-side 1/3 panel.

Using the "Business Card Stock" from Staples....I created and printed out 10 Sample Cards.

I then made up a Sales Letter and attached the Sample Card to the top right of the letter (similar to something Gary Halbert showed me back in 1985) and sent them to the Names on the Cards....asking the recipients to call me if they were interested in having me provide Cards for them.

Out of this mailing to just TEN people....I was able to sell 16 orders of Cards at between $159 and $189 each.

On the back of some I placed a MAP on how to get to their business. Others I put a Calendar. Others had other things.

I call this..."BUSINESS CARDS ON SPEC"!

I'd be glad to send you a few Samples, Wally...and my Printing Source. Just email me.

Don Alm

P.S. I also did this for their Websites...which I call "Websites On Spec".