SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 13, 2009, 07:36 AM
-TW

Default Re: An intrusive marketing win-win-win...

Here's a mini-article I wrote quite a while ago that points up the ridiculousness of the anti-intrusive arguments...

TITLE: An example of obnoxious, INTRUSIVE marketing
-- to KIDS, no less!!....

Intrusive marketing is obnoxious!

It shouldn't be allowed!

If I want (to buy) something, I will. And I'll find it by myself, thank you very much.

I don't need any *intrusive* marketer barging their way into my life trying to force their product or service down my throat! I hate that! -- and so does everyone!

It's even WORSE when you try to get *intrusive* with my KIDS! -- Back off marketer! You leave my KIDS alone! You better not *intrude* into my kids' lives, you profiteering PIGS!

Here's an example of some *extremely intrusive* marketing I *personally witnessed* today! -- and yes, it was directed specifically AT KIDS -- trying to *intrude* on thier lives!... innocent, defenseless little KIDS!

Here's what happened!...

This overly-intrusive company got some big truck -- painted it all up with bright 'cheery' colors 'n stuff -- trying to camoflage their little *scheme* to SELL stuff to kids who don't know any better.

Then they added VERY LOUD music -- annoying everyone around... but SNEAKILY trying to appeal to KIDS even more...

Then they DELIBERATELY drive this truck to neighborhoods that they KNOW have lots of kids around.

Now, keep in mind, these kids are at their OWN HOMES... just minding their own business. They probably have NO INTENTIONS of buying anything.

But these marketing PIGS have NO SHAME -- they just go right ahead and INTRUDE on these neighborhoods... without ever being INVITED at all! --

No 'permission marketing' here! No way!

So... this truck has these 'pretty' colors, LOUD music BLARING -- and they drive into UNSUSPECTING neighborhoods full of kids --

and then they try to SELL the kids something that is almost certainly UNHEALTHY for them!!

Talk about *intrusive!!!!*

SHOULDN'T BE ALLOWED! RUTHLESS, HEARTLESS MARKETERS PREYING ON INNOCENT CHILDREN LIKE THAT! LURING THEM IN WITH THEIR UNASKED-FOR, INTRUSIVE, SNEAKY METHODS -- and then selling them things that are PROVEN to be UNHEALTHY and could JEOPARDIZE THEIR WELL-BEING!!!!*

.....Ohhhhh..... but, wait a minute.....

maybe it SHOULD be allowed.....

....because the "intrusive" marketing that I witnessed today, is a simple, old-fashioned, ICE CREAM TRUCK!

-- TW

*Ice cream can be considered 'unhealthy' to some (most?) kids (America's "obesity problem") -- and keep in mind that the "Good Humor Man" sells to all kids (who give him da money) -- regardless of how thin or fat they are.