SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 5, 2010, 11:08 AM
Randy

Default Re: Thanks to all, I'll be back soon, quick update.

Hi Gordon,

It's great to hear from you my friend. I am glad to hear your surgery went well and the eyesight improving.

I know a little about loss of eyesight as I had lost mine for nearly a year and a half when I had a stroke in '05. I have been bleeses with the return of most of it.

I'm praying for full recovery of eyesight for you and look forward to hearing of continues progress and healing.

May God bless.

Randy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post
Hi All.

Brief update. I had eye surgery on Monday and I can now see out of one eye, hope to have the other one done soon.

I haven't been able to read for months without huge magnifyers...so, I'm elated.

It has been a very rough 18 months, going back to my heart attack in 08, the passing of my housemate in July and my mother on Jan 11 of this year. Add in some serious health issues, some failed business adventures, a couple of fainting episodes which have left some permanent bumps on the old noggin...and well,

I'm looking forward to this great new year. 2010 is great, and I'm going to do everything I can to make it better.

Over the last year I've heard the following dozens of times,

"If you have your health, you have everything."

I now disagree.

I know plenty of people in good health living miserable lives. I now would say, "If you have friends (true blue) and a loving family, you have everything."

I want to get back to "work" ASAP, it will take about another 3 weeks, but today, I checked my "accounts"...

Twitter, MySpace, Facebook, LinkedIn, Ryze...and a couple of other of the social networks I belong too.

Are these still relevant to business and marketing? I'm out of the loop.

Anyhow, I've uncovered some incredible NEW concepts and I've put some of the OLD ideas (like Toll Positions) into force, and I'm applying all the wonderful knowledge YOU all have provided over the years.

I want to thank you, I've made some great FRIENDS here, especially Dien Rice who has been super supportive these last months...and many others.

YOU are important. To me and to the community at large.

NOW, let's get back to business and help each other to achieve our mutual goals and individual targets.

It's great to SEE you all again. MORE later, OK?

Gordon Jay Alexander

PS. What a great time to be alive and kicking, eh?